The best oil drain sludge video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GET OUT OF TOWN! NO WAY!! LOL!!!!

15.gif

About 74 or so I had that happen sort of. Had to stick a screwdriver in to make a hole for the oil. Super clean looking Ford Cougar. There was liquid oil, the drain was sludge blocked. That car ran a long time after that.

Rod

Back in the '70's my friend and his father had a garage. They had a guy who's car wouldn't start that January, so they towed it in to see whats up. Same thing with the oil. They found out the guy used alot of STP oil treatment. He would pour it in a cold motor, and not start it until he needed to go somewhere. It took at least 2 days with a heat lamp aimed at the pan, for it to warm up enough to drain out.,,,

I took a valve cover off a 50's Chevy V8 and put it on the bench. When I went back to the car it looked like the valve cover was still there. Oil had crystallized under the valve cover and formed a shiny replica right down to the lettering and bow tie. I poked it with a screwdriver and it cracked. It was hollow. The owner was not aware that he need to "change" the oil. He did say that he added oil whenever the oil reminder light went on while he was driving. He said that it always went out after adding one or two quarts of oil so he knew that everything was okay.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Looks like a amalgam of water or coolant and oil. The color is wrong, for it to be oil alone, run way to long. That stuff turns very, very black.

Agreed.

I worked at Jiffy Lube during High School and we had a Toyota 3.0 V6 4x4 come in which had been a nice truck. The oil hadn't been changed in 10k miles and I would swear it either had a bad thermostat or a coolant leak into the oil. The drain oil looked just like that. I remember well as I was working in "the pit" when it came in. It was bad enough that we decided to run it for a few minutes and then changed the oil again. More of the same goo. This is about the only instance where I think the 5-minute engine flush is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back