What Is A 2004 MGM worth with only 4,400 miles ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A neighbor of mine has his mothers showroom condition 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis with only 4,400 original miles. What is it worth he wants to sell it, his mom is 93 and don't drive anymore. His father was a doctor that had his office attached to his house so they almost never used it. This car is all original including the tires and they look new. The only thing that has been replaced is the battery.

Honestly I'm not sure, but to me it wouldn't be worth any more than one with 75k miles on it. It is still going to need all of the maintenance any other 10yr old car needs. That's just me, maybe someone else will chime in. Nice car though!

Best price on KBB for a GS with no options is 4895. In your place I'd check the vehicle and price it out for a more precise estimate.

edit: Oh and original tires...need replacement after 11 years.

Last edited:
Time will kill a car faster than any amount of mileage will. Not driving it is actually a disservice.

I deal with this on a daily basis because my company sells low mileage classic cars.

Originally Posted By: Scott_Tucker
Time will kill a car faster than any amount of mileage will. Not driving it is actually a disservice.

I deal with this on a daily basis because my company sells low mileage classic cars.

You "service" your car, silly me I thought they serviced us.

It's an old car...it's not worth too much more than book. It's not a collectors item. BITOG posters put much more value on these dinosaurs than they are worth. They seem to think the panther platform is a "Back to the Future" time machine or something.

Last edited:
probably needs about $800 in recon (tires, hoses, oil change), then sell it for a cool 6k to the hoards of people that would jump all over it.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
probably needs about $800 in recon (tires, hoses, oil change), then sell it for a cool 6k to the hoards of people that would jump all over it.

Though old, it's hard to find real low mileage cars around here. Even in good shape. With compact cars starting over 20k next year, this one looks like a steal even with the work needed. Unless you like spending over 20 grand for a small car.....

That car would sell easy here....

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I think I'd ask $10k and see what happens.

It will sit there....that's what will happen......

It's only got 4400 miles on it and they do have a large following. I can't think of anything else you can pick up for $10k and drive it for 300k miles in comfort. So IMO it's still a bargain at $10k but I would expect it to sell $7500-$8000.

Assuming it is a decent color and doesn't have one of those awful faux convertible or half vinyl tops, I would figure that car topping out around 5 grand. If he's willing to wait for the right buyer. $3,500 to $4,000 and it should sell without too much fuss.

My dad traded in a Taurus SEL that has 100k (2001) in perfect condition and got 2500. The 2004 MGM is likely going to be around 5-6k if I have to take a guess.

Originally Posted By: Scott_Tucker

+1

We just traded my wifes 04 MGM GS last month. Lot just sold it for $3,500 with 170k on it.

Traded my 2006 MGM Ultimate that was a rare car with the moon roof and handling & performance package, silver/grey two tone paint w/ black leather. Had 112k on it and they sold it for $6,900.

A 2004 with that low mileage even a GS should be reasonable 6-7k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back