Air vent removal Ford Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rattle coming from the air vent to the left of the steering wheel in my 2014 Ford Edge. I'm sick of Ford Service, from multiple dealers (not for this issue), and don't want to deal with them. I want to fix it myself with some padding, etc.

But I don't know how to get the vent off. Anyone done it before and know how? 2011-14 model years are the same. Thanks.

Typically they pop off from the outside, but maybe Ford have their own ideas.

" ... I'm sick of Ford Service, from multiple dealers (not for this issue), and don't want to deal with them. I want to fix it myself ..."

The above almost always translates to:
I need to invest in the Factory Service Manual plus the $10 Haynes manual. You need both because the Ford manual will assume you are a factory trained tech and leave some stuff out, while the Haynes offers more DIY-style info but can be woefully incomplete when it comes to all possible repair issues.

Check the model-specific Ford forums for downloads of the official manual(s) or eBay

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Typically they pop off from the outside, but maybe Ford have their own ideas.

I tried but it didn't come off easy and I don't want to break it. But there doesn't seem to be any plastic pieces on the side that could pop off and expose screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back