Goodyear assurance tripletred

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a post in the outback forum about the road noise issue being resolved with the Goodyear assurance tripletred. The OP stated that the tire dealer said the road noise was solved and the OP said the tire a quiet. Anyone else recently buy a set of these tires. I'm going to need some new tire soon for my '13 outback. I was also considering wrg3 suv or maybe conti truecontacts. 225/60/17 of course.

I got the Assurance triple tread on my Altima and they were FANTASTIC. Super quiet, great feel on the road. They were worth it and were WAY better than the factory tires that were on the car. Rated for 70k miles. They did start to get a bit less comfortable after 40k miles but I am sure that's normal for tires once they wear over time. I am still very pleased with them. I hope you catch a good sale. My tires were $650 instead of $930 for a set of four.

I put a set of TripleTreds on our Passat back in February. They've been a fine tire (about 5-7.5k miles) and have not been excessively loud.

I've run them for years. Happen to catch a Goodyear sale once where it was buy 3 get one free. Plus if you sign up for their credit card, they had a $160 rebate at the time. I think they still do that, but it might only be $120 now, only $60 if you use a regular credit card. About $113 or so now before rebate. I usually just get the T rated tire as they're good for 80k instead of the V tire at 70k. T is good for 118mph and I don't get anywhere near triple digits.

The Tripletred is a good tire, but I'm not a fan of directional tires because you can't rotate them without remounting.

Walmart is the only place I know of that will remount and flip the tires during their free lifetime rotations.

I had a set of them on my 05 Altima 215/55/17. Very good tire in bad weather. But the tires had a loud howling noise like old snow tires from the 70's. Also I had bad sidewall cracking after 3 or 4 years.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The Tripletred is a good tire, but I'm not a fan of directional tires because you can't rotate them without remounting.

Walmart is the only place I know of that will remount and flip the tires during their free lifetime rotations.

You can still rotate them, they just go front to back instead of an X pattern. Plus I've really gotten 50-60k out of them before getting rid of them when they got down to about 5 or 4/32's. I don't take them all the way down to 2/32's to get the full 80k out of them.

I had Tripletres on My Jetta (205/60-15)). They were very noisy after about 20,000 mi. I now have RT43's. They are MUCH better in the snow than the Tripletreds ever were and about half the price. Very quiet so far, but I only have about 6,000 mi.

/Fantastic/ tire on the minivan, and despite other reviews I have found them to have real claws in lite-moderate snow (3-8")

van is a low mileage driver, so they only have 15k k on them tops.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back