Honda's V4 Track Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something for the cager in all of us... I love the engine configuration but I would have engineered it with the driver in the center...

The problem with cars with bike engines, is that they are never as much fun as the original bike.

Plus they lean the wrong way.

V-4! Yum! One of my favorite engine configurations that doesn't get much attention. But Porsche won Lemans with a V-4 this year. And Honda had an oval-piston V-4 about 25 years ago that was really wicked.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
And Honda had an oval-piston V-4 about 25 years ago that was really wicked.

Yeah, but they were planning on a V-8 until things changed.

That is a super sweet ride...I'd hate to see the sticker price with the GP engine, Ohlins suspension, and all the carbon fiber!

It kinda reminds me of Yamaha's OX-99 production car! Driver directly in the center, a 3.5L V-12 with their Genisis motor (5 valve head design), naturally aspirated with 400 hp @ 10,ooo RPM.

V-12 Engine

Yamaha OX-99

I can see why a V4 makes a good motorcycle engine, compact, stiff and perfect primary balance.

A long, long time ago, BTI (before the Internet) and BFLDPC (before free long distance phone calls) we used to build an emergency gen set with a German Ford V4 engine. It made a for a vibration free setup and the engines were very reliable.

Give me a new Morgan Three Wheeler any day if I need a bike engine powered "auto".

Not the fastest or the best handling. But it oozes cool and they are just way too fun to drive. Even if they are not fast they have the feeling of being fast in the twisties.

1471045062_791f0f912f_o.jpg

1471045056_273d1ca2a5_o.jpg

1471045046_f0ca65ffd9_o.jpg

1471045040_7a494523d6_o.jpg

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Give me a new Morgan Three Wheeler any day if I need a bike engine powered "auto".

Not the fastest or the best handling. But it oozes cool and they are just way too fun to drive. Even if they are not fast they have the feeling of being fast in the twisties.

Why do I picture Robenstein driving like he took a 5 hour energy drink 6 hours ago???

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop

Why do I picture Robenstein driving like he took a 5 hour energy drink 6 hours ago???

Because you are a pretentious blow hard.

Because you are a pretentious blow hard.

Mercy Rob... you boo me right off the stage... maybe I should stick to metal work and forget stand up???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back