2010 Accord: PU 5w20/30 + LubeGard Biotech

Status
Not open for further replies.
_20150921_212853.jpg

Almost all highway miles on this Accord. 50/50 mix of PU 5w20 and 5w30. 10 ounces of LubeGard Biotech on board. 7 months on oil. Napa Platinum 47356 on its second OCI. Filter pics coming soon.

I pulled car out of the garage to do oil change in driveway. Didn't let it warm up, hence, the fuel in the oil. Dumb mistake.

Where is the manganese coming from?

Last edited:
Looks great. Even with fuel, visc at 9.4 is good for a 20+30 grade blend.

Never cheat on a UOA. Take the sample normally as you did. I doubt that backing car out would give you that much fuel.

Extra moly and phos from the lubegard.

I'd get a TBN since wear is minimal and OCI can most likely be extended to 10k.

LubeGard Biotech seems like the real deal.

Your oil is loaded with Moly assuming this is an SN Ultra mix.

I'll have to check it out... Great report BTW

Originally Posted By: Falken
LubeGard Biotech seems like the real deal.

Your oil is loaded with Moly assuming this is an SN Ultra mix.

I'll have to check it out... Great report BTW

Falken. Yes, this is SN Ultra.

After researching LubeGard Biotech before I used it, I did buy a few "regular" bottles from my local Napa. I even found them on sale.

But there have been a few notes on the internet (from LubeGard) that there is an "extra strength" Biotech. You can buy it from Amazon. It's the only place I've found it. The price is decent as well. This is Heavy Duty Biotech: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006HI8...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I was paying $19.xx for this 32 oz. bottle just a few months ago. I see the price went up a few bucks.

Did Pennzoil Ultra get rid of its once-high boron levels? Boron is great for anti-wear and has some other properties. Ultra used to have like 4 times what showed up in this UOA.

I'm torn between using a cup of M1 Racing 0w-30 (high moly, zddp) or a cup of Lubegard now! Or none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back