Autogeek Foam Spray Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Typically I wash my car with one 5 gallon bucket with a grit guard. Ive never taken the the inconvenience of a two bucket system, and Ive been very good with minimizing swirls and damage by keeping my sponges/mitts VERY clean.

But I thought it would be a time saver to use a foam gun, and just spray the car down completely with soap, keep cleaning the sponge routinely, and just going around the whole car.

It probably will be. I had just enough sun today that some panels were drying prematurely, so I couldn't quite go that route, but Im very happy with the suds from the Autogeek foam gun.

Its a well made device with nice brass fittings to operate the dilution ratio and quick coupler. The spray handle is a regular hose sprayer, so that's nice too.

Not much else to say. Very happy.

This was with dawn dish detergent, which I was using to strip the van in anticipation of applying CQuartz UK.

FX1_4747_zpsyceaf62e.jpg

FX1_4743_zpsyeyr2tvf.jpg

FX1_4745_zpshtv3a6uj.jpg

JHZR .....

Not sure what the condition of the paint is , but you do want to make the paint (depending on how golden your eyes are) as flawless as possible before applying a coating. Otherwise a coating will just lock in the defects.

It's in all the prep when it comes to coatings.

I would consider bare minimum a single step polish. The additional benefit aside from the gloss/defect removal is you are removing whatever may happen to be ontop of the paint .

Coatings are the sch1tz but prep , prep, prep is so crucial FWIW.
Good luck

Disregard...was just responding to another thread in the detail forum and saw you CQ post.

FWIW, if you have super soft paint, the pro grade stuff is even better than the consumer stuff. It has made a considerable difference in hardness - where previously the softest touch of a MF will cause micromarring, the Pro grade stuff is *harder* than the factory applied topcoat.

Looks Gr8

I get similar results using a one liter soda bottle with a siphon cap screwed on top. Attach to a garden hose, mix a soln about 1:4, fill the bottle and apply pressure.

I use it to spray down the sled before sponging. I have a water softener, so it suds/foams like crazy when it hits the sled.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
I get similar results using a one liter soda bottle with a siphon cap screwed on top. Attach to a garden hose, mix a soln about 1:4, fill the bottle and apply pressure.

I use it to spray down the sled before sponging. I have a water softener, so it suds/foams like crazy when it hits the sled.

I'd love to see a pic or two to figure out how to make one.
wink.gif

JHZR2-

If you tell me those photos were made with your iPhone6 or similar I am going to have to throw away all of my SLR's. Very sharp. (Pls say it wasn't a phone)......

I'll assume you're talking to me, even though it shows your tag name instead of mine.

A siphon cap used on most any pre-mixed fertilizer/house-wash container designed to be used with a garden hose, will fit a pop bottle. At least mine will.

You hook it to a hose, put your finger on the side and it pulls whatever solution is in the bottle up into the water stream and mixes it.

No moving parts. No batteries required. Simple.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
JHZR2-

If you tell me those photos were made with your iPhone6 or similar I am going to have to throw away all of my SLR's. Very sharp. (Pls say it wasn't a phone)......

I don't have an iPhone 6... Just a 5s, though hopefully ill gets a 6s once the hysteria dies down.

I did read that national geographic just went to do some shoot and only brought iPhone 6s models.

But no, I used a Nikon D800 with a 35mm f/1.8 Nikkor. So quite a few more MPs and a MUCH larger sensor (and better glass) than any iPhone could offer...

I use one of the Ortho sprayer things from Home depot that you twist the dial to change the amount of parts per gallon it works nice.

While the foam sprayer looks cool, I am way more impressed by the quality of your photos. That's one nice camera you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back