What OCI when using fuel system cleaners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question, what OCI pertaining to miles are use BITOGers going when using a fuel system cleaner & they recommend using there product every 3000 miles? Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner or Regane High Mileage for example. If your religious about using these products EVERY 3000 miles and what I read/understand that these fuel system cleaners really do no nothing positive but more negative to the oil in the sump -- what are our OCI using fuel system cleaners. I personally, using these cleaners at 3000 mile intervals change my oil at 5000 mile intervals and the oil always -- no matter what car in signature smells like gas to some degree. Now, if you dont use these fuel system cleaners of course the question is irrelevant to start with. Just trying to get some feedback from this knowledgeable crowd!!

Honesty before my current car I never used them and never had a single fuel related problem, I think modern fuel systems (ever since fuel injection became the norm) do just fine on gasoline, which is by definition, its own solvent.

I've never given OCI any consideration whatsoever with regard fuel cleaners.

I use them once and a while when I think about it, usually on a long trip for maximum benefit.

To be honest, if u are using ethanol blended fuel, your fuel system will he nearly spotless. The only thing the fuel cleaners will do is clean up the hardened deposits on the intake valves from the pcv and egr systems. Which is beneficial, but the fuel system will be clean and dry with e10

Agree 2nd to last tank before oci. But dependa how much fuel makes it to the oil

However if your concerned because your oil smells like fuel then you have a fuel dilution issue, whether or not you put additional additive in it, you have fuel in your oil for your whole oci, including the station's additives.

I haven't had any issues with techron or other fuel system cleaning agents showing up on UOA reports so far. Never thought about it until now actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back