Ford Ecoboost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the recommended 5W-30 for your EcoBoost engine. I would use Mobil 1 EP with a Motorcraft Filter or Fram Ultra & change when the oil life monitor tells you to. I truly don't understand why these people want to run thicker oils than are recommended in relatively young engines. I'm pretty sure Ford knew what they were doing when they recommended 5W-30 for the engines THEY built.

Originally Posted By: wemay
I was addressing the specific question of weather synthetic dilutes less than conventional. My answer is still no. But i agree, as i pointed out in my second entry, the stouter additives incorporated in synthetics will protect the engine better, relatively.
Which stouter additives?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Which stouter additives?

I was addressing the specific question of weather synthetic dilutes less than conventional. My answer is still no. But i agree, the stouter additives incorporated in synthetic will protect the engine better, relatively.

thumbsup2.gif

Both Synthetic and Conventional oils dilute. I don't know of anything other than shorter oci and thicker oils that help with excessive fuel dilution.

Exactly.

This is the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back