Alfa Romeo 4C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that today. Should something happen to my BRZ, hello Alfa!

eguan7.jpg

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
It's in another price range as the BRZ though, isn't it?

I'll just work a bit overtime and cut down on the gambling for a while.

Originally Posted By: shDK
You Will need a second more reliable car, for when the alfa is having mood swings.

The hyperdrive motivator got damaged? Chewie, give me the hydro spanner!

They are sweet, I saw one at Limerock for the first time in the wild. Can you buy them stateside? What's the price point?

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
Looks like a Pontiac Solstice or Saturn Sky..

I don't think Alfa is a car to buy.

MAYBE an old-school 164LS Quadrifoglio...

rear wheel drive, rear engined, 2 seater, around 2000 lbs, carbon monocoque... sounds exactly like a solstice...

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Can you buy them stateside?

I probably wouldn't buy one, because it's too much car for where I drive. I would never be able to drive it as it seserves to be driven, which is near and at its limits. For the same reason I didn't get the Elise that I liked very much. and went with the BRZ instead. The closest Alfa dealer is in Las Vegas.

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/car-shopping/dealers

Sweet I just saw the Giulia on their website, I hope we get that as well.

Its nice that we are getting some Italian cars again besides Ferrari and Maserati of course, and those [censored] little Fiats.

I bet that little Giulia is a blast to drive.

The only cars that excite me these days other than Tesla are Italian.

Italian knows how to design gorgeous looking cars, except Fiat 500. Even Fiat did very well in the 60's and 70's with 124 spider.

From what I read online this Alfa Romeo should be weekend car only just likes Lotus Elise. Its handling is very sharp just likes cart, ride is very firm borderline hash such that it is not suitable for daily drive, especially where the streets are not smooth as glass. But there is no doubt that its styling is better than any coupe in its class.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Italian knows how to design gorgeous looking cars, except Fiat 500. Even Fiat did very well in the 60's and 70's with 124 spider.

But not how to design websites. I go to 'build and price', and it appears to be telling me to turn my tablet sideways.

Just one problem. It's a laptop.

Italian knows how to design gorgeous looking cars, except Fiat 500.

You state your opinion as if it were more than just your opinion, although it could be due to somewhat of a language barrier. If so, I apologize for sounding harsh. In my opinion the Fiat 500 has always looked great for a micro or mini car, whether the original or the new one with the retro design. The Japanese have been building cars resembling many classic European micro cars for many years. There is pretty good demand for that particular look. I'd rather look at a Fiat 500 than at a Yaris or Smart any day,

I wouldn't drive Fiat 500 even if it's free. No, I don't like to be near Smart-for-two either. I don't know about Yaris, I didn't see many of then around here.

Yes, it is my opinion that the Italian knows how to design gorgeous looking cars. I didn't see any ugly looking Ferrari nor Lamborghini, and most Alfa Romeo are very good looking too.

Just compare this Alfa Romeo 4 with BRZ, which do you think is better looking coupe ?

The original 500 was a cool, rear engined car, especially the road racing Abarth versions with that big tuned exhaust header/'stinger' pipe sticking out of the open engine cover.
wink.gif

I am not all that enamored of the current one, not the least because of the way they are marketing it to the hipsters with all of those swishy sounding TV ads.

I wouldn't drive Fiat 500 even if it's free. No, I don't like to be near Smart-for-two either. I don't know about Yaris, I didn't see many of then around here.

Yes, it is my opinion that the Italian knows how to design gorgeous looking cars. I didn't see any ugly looking Ferrari nor Lamborghini, and most Alfa Romeo are very good looking too.

Just compare this Alfa Romeo 4 with BRZ, which do you think is better looking coupe ?

The Italians have a long tradition of design, and so it's not surprise that they come up with pleasing designs more often than not. That's why other then Italian car manufcatuers often turn to Italian design houses. I do not like all their designs. I find the old Alfasud quite ugly and I don't care for the Ferrari Mondial at all. I also don't care for most Fiats other than their sporst cars, especially the ones built during the past 40 years. So yes, lots of nice desigsn come out of Italy, but others, regardless of their ethnicity can also produce topnotch designs. Look at the Toyota 2000 GT, the Avanti, and the early Corvettes.I won't let myself get drawn further into a debate about taste. Taste, like an opinion, is subjective, and no final resolution can ever be achieved.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
The original 500 was a cool, rear engined car, especially the road racing Abarth versions with that big tuned exhaust header/'stinger' pipe sticking out of the open engine cover.
wink.gif

I am not all that enamored of the current one, not the least because of the way they are marketing it to the hipsters with all of those swishy sounding TV ads.

I don't watch tv ads, so I wouldn't know about Fiat 500 tv ads. I feel attracted or repelled by things other than emotions tapped into by advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back