Greek yogurt: what do you folks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I started eating yogurt a few years ago; the girlfriend turned me onto [censored] Greek, strained yogurt. That's what I like. What kind or brands do you guys like.

This is what I like
2i7bia8.jpg

My neighbor which is a Doctor says i should eat yogurt with live cultures... And also take a probiotic every day.. Something about 30 Billion live bacteria/microorganisms im my system leaves me an uneasy feeling lol

I like plain unsweetened yogurt the best. Too much sugar in the fruit and flavored varieties.

My favorite is plain vanilla
Top brands are
Stonyfield vanilla I believe it is called low fat
And also Trader Joe's low fat and whole milk French vanilla both come in a larger quart size container

Definitely not the fat free stuff.

Mmm

Last edited:
I have a yogurt incubator. The milk comes from my neighbor's Holstein. I have been straining my yogurt forever and i eat it plain or blended with any kind of berries.

The only Greek yogurt that I have found to be palatable is Muller and Chobani. And I actually really like both of them. All the rest that I've tried, I have to choke down.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
I have a yogurt incubator. The milk comes from my neighbor's Holstein. I have been straining my yogurt forever and i eat it plain or blended with any kind of berries.
The taste must be incredible !!

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: BRZED
The taste must be incredible !!

+1, some day I will make my own

I tried making yogurt with regular yogurt, but it did not get thick enough. Even using thick greek style yogurt as a starter. My home made stuff is not even close to as thick as the greek Zoi style that I buy.

I wish I had a neighbor with a cow........That would be some good yogurt. I won't even try to keep up with the joneses with a Holstein.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I tried making yogurt with regular yogurt, but it did not get thick enough. Even using thick greek style yogurt as a starter. My home made stuff is not even close to as thick as the greek Zoi style that I buy.

Greek yogurt has simply had some of the whey removed to make the yogurt thicker and creamier. I line a colander with paper coffee filters and let the whey drain into a bowl. The whey can be used as liquid instead of water when making bread dough.

The Costco branded stuff is my favorite. 2 32oz containers for $7. [censored] has that weird wax paper thing at the top that I hate picking out.

LOL! A brand of yogurt is censored.

P9280756.jpg

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
Greek Goddess- not the non fat stuff.

I don't care much for Greek yogurt and I avoid the non/no fat stuff too. I like the thick ordinary plain yogurt.

Well, I avoid the non/no fat stuff because I'm a little underweight(5'7" 120 lbs) and like to gain 10-15 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back