oil filter clogged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not flush the engine...you're going to have much more trouble if you do. Better off going at this slowly unless you have budgeted a new long block. Fast flushes are NEVER a good idea for many reasons.

I will follow your advice and no engine flush..., I'll keep changing the oilfilter until stops clogging but no more the 3000kms on this oil (only have 500kms).

I might be concerned about coolant in the oil, that filter was so wavy. Might explain the sludge. MSO2 is controversial as far as benefits, but many people have used it with out issues of clogging filters.

Originally Posted By: Torres

Well I cant say if for sure, but the oil pressure light stops each time I change the filter. And at idle the light gos off..., only it shows when its over 1500rpms.

That's a key bit of information right there. And it's telling me you have oil supply problems. If you get low oil pressure at higher rpm only, investigate the oil pickup screen as it's likely clogged. Drop the oil pan.

I bet that's what killed the turbo in the first place!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jetronic

Well I cant say if for sure, but the oil pressure light stops each time I change the filter. And at idle the light gos off..., only it shows when its over 1500rpms.

That's a key bit of information right there. And it's telling me you have oil supply problems. If you get low oil pressure at higher rpm only, investigate the oil pickup screen as it's likely clogged. Drop the oil pan.

That could very well be the case here.

Hi,

To keep you updated, and after two oil changes and six oil filters, the problem got worts and I choose to remove the pan and inspect the oil pickup and this was how it looks:
http://1drv.ms/1P4OSdb

Yep,

That was the problem for low pressure light.

I measured the oil pressure before with a gauge, and the pressure didn't go higher then 1bar 😐. After clean up, now goes to 4,5 bar at 2500rpm.

Just added 5w30 wurth oil with omc2 additive adviced by wurth. Seems all fine.

it's not MoS2, and if your turbo survived a couple of hundred miles without proper oiling I believe you have the MoS2 to thank.

I think soot from a leaky injector.

the Santa fe comes with the older D-engine 2.2 which is prone to soot loading the oil from loose injectore, or the newer R-engine which hasn't had that issue yet but tends to use oil.

I think soot from a leaky injector.

the Santa fe comes with the older D-engine 2.2 which is prone to soot loading the oil from loose injectore, or the newer R-engine which hasn't had that issue yet but tends to use oil.

You think that all this carbon os from a leaking injector?

yes, it very well can be. Especially if you have a D-engine with the oil filter at the back (R-engine has the oil filter upside down in front of the sump)

yes, it very well can be. Especially if you have a D-engine with the oil filter at the back (R-engine has the oil filter upside down in front of the sump)

Yep its the D-Engine. Going to have a look on those injectors

sorry to revive this topic, but to keep you updated of this problem...

The oil consumption was too high..., 5lits each 10k
frown.gif
just the perfect time to repair the engine
smile.gif

Parts relaced or remanufactured:

- Turbo
- Piston Rings
- shell bearings
- Injectores

Basicly was a new engine
smile.gif

Status