Mustang tranny out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are kits to add a dipstick to the 6R80. I understand both sides of the argument about having a way to check fluid. It still would have been nice on at least the Mustang to have a dipstick.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
There are kits to add a dipstick to the 6R80. I understand both sides of the argument about having a way to check fluid. It still would have been nice on at least the Mustang to have a dipstick.

Yep,imo a dipstick should be a required feature on all auto trannies. Gf's dad said his 80s era Olds 88 would "use" some atf after awhile,so he just kept it in check via dipstick and always kept it topped off. Never had any mechanical probs with that tranny.

Her car has been sitting in the same spot in the back of the dealership's lot all week untouched. Wonder what's taking so long to progress with it?

I know Performance Automatic makes a dipstick kit for this transmission which I have but I'm a little leery about installing it because of the way it attaches at the plug on the transmission.

Do you know of any other kits available because that is the only one I have found.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wtd

I know Performance Automatic makes a dipstick kit for this transmission which I have but I'm a little leery about installing it because of the way it attaches at the plug on the transmission.

Do you know of any other kits available because that is the only one I have found.

Wayne

I have just seen that kit. They make one for both the 5R55E and the 6R80. Looks kinda cool, but it should not have been necessary to add one.

I'm also a little leery about putting one of these things on for warranty purposes. I'm afraid Ford would void my warranty if they saw one of these dipsticks installed.

What would your dealership think of one of these?

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back