Who uses sea foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to suck sea foam through the pcv in my 175K Toyota Tacoma. Overall impressions are positive. During its life it's seen nothing but top tier gas and fuel system cleaners. Lots of smoke during the process. Took about a block to get rid of the smoke.

No one that's bothered to do any research on this site! That was your money you saw going up in smoke.

I use seafoam and it made a huge difference in the idle quality and snap throttle test on my 98 ford ranger. I like seafoam. I have not had a bad experience yet but it will work better on some vehicles than others.

I smoked up over 1000 sq ft of a parking lot. It was fun in sense of a smoke bomb. But that was it.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
No one that's bothered to do any research on this site! That was your money you saw going up in smoke.

Agreed. Along with those idiots on Youtube thinking its so great. Nothing by Redline SL-1 for me

Originally Posted By: dishdude

I've done plenty of research...not so much here. Mostly positive results. Some you tube videos before and after.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Decided to suck sea foam through the pcv in my 175K Toyota Tacoma. Overall impressions are positive. During its life it's seen nothing but top tier gas and fuel system cleaners. Lots of smoke during the process. Took about a block to get rid of the smoke.

Positive in what way?

A brand new car will smoke if you run seafoam through a vac line, it is just the pale oil burning off creating a smoke show, which many think that it is cleaning.

I've used it from time to time over the years-not because it does anything, but because they're a mile from me and I like to support local business!!

If you look at what it is made from, you are paying a ton of money for a very basic composition you could make at home in a large quantity very cheaply.

Does it have some cleaning ability as a fuel additive? Yes. Is it as good as something containing PEA detergents? Nope.

I did notice notable improvement in throttle response in a Oldsmobile 3.5L after Seafoaming through the vac line. Can't quantify it, though.

I've settled on Gumout Multi System Tuneup after trying numerous fuel treatments. That provides an improvement that I can actually see such as better startup and a smoother idle.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
b-12 is a stronger solvent , with out the pale oil.

Much nastier solvents in Chemtool. Mostly Toulene and acetone if I recall.

I notice a huge improvement in my 50cc 2stroke scooters after using seafoam.

If i drive lets says 200-300 miles using straight gas i noticed the engine isnt quite as peppy and the starting is a little slower/harder

dump a little seafoam in and 50 miles later the scooter has its acceleration back

how about storing a motorcycle with carb drained and having it leak the next spring

stored with seafoam carb not drained, zero leaks come spring

not sure i would leave B12 in the carb all winter....

but I would venture to say that i havent noticed any results from spraying of dumping through the intake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back