On lunchbreak at work,emailed Valvoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here on my lunchbreak,I emailed Valvoline after reading here where someone said they were discontinuing Synpower,which like I thought,was false. I also asked them about Napa 15W50. Super fast response! Good job Valvoline!
smile.gif
Probably old news :p

I was wondering why Napa synthetic comes in 15W50 while Synpower comes in 20W50? Exactly how different are these oils? Also,I'd read that Synpower is being discontinued. Is this also true of Napa synthetic? Thanks!

The NAPA Private Label Synthetic does carry a different formulation from our Valvoline SynPower. Though these formulation differences are not drastic, they are present. NAPA comes to Valvoline with a certain set of specifications that they want their oil to meet, and we formulate the oil per their request. These specifications however, are not as broad as the Valvoline standards, therefore the Valvoline will cover more applications.

SynPower is not being discontinued at this time. We have a new product that has come to market that is SynPower with MaxLife Technology, but the original SynPower is still available.

Valvoline is a good company, they blend great products and they have good customer service especially for a large brand.

I haven't had the best of luck with getting replies from Mobil in the past.

RP customer service is always top notch with same day responses.

Amsoil also seems to have great customer service as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
Did you ask for some SAE 50 for your freezer test?
wink.gif

Haha free case on the way!
laugh.gif
Just kidding of course,no free oil for me
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 3311
Valvoline has been great the few times I emailed them.

Although Mobil has been better at promptly addressing questions for me, Valvoline has always answered my inquires as well, albeit a little slower. The answers i received from both seemed less manicured and more direct.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I wish Walmart had 5W-40 Synpower in 5 quart bottles.

Glad to hear Valvoline is doing well, I like their DuraBlend and SynPower.

The 5W40 SynPower (5 L) is probably the most common and lowest priced SynPower in my neck of the woods.

Merk, I thought you were into ILSAC oils ?

I work for a large oil distributor, and we were given a sheet showing that many of the Synpower options would be replaced with the new Synthetic with Maxlife Technology. We have been shipping the new FSwMT product in place of Synpower for several months now.

I like that they now have a 0w-20 FSwMT. I don't use conventionals or blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back