New 62 hp Kubota turbodiesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be 50-100 hrs depending on conditions for a 15w40 right? I'd only go extended intervals after a UOA. I'd imagine that turbo will chew things up.

I change our L4330 every other year with M1 TDT. It has about 60 hrs on it though. Different animal than yours entirely.

I like T6 5W40 and its a CJ-4 oil. I use it mostly for the improved cold starting over 15W40 though. My tractors warranty has just ended so I might creep above the recommended 100hr intervals it being a 20hp/l NA simple motor, but during warranty I stuck with the 100hr changes.
I guess I'm due for a change soon so I might send in a sample to see what's going on at a 100hr OCI.

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
Look at the owners manual. The 180 hp John Deere I drove was 250 hours on conventional 15W-40.

Some of the Deeres reccomend 500 or even 750 now on their 15W40. I bet you could go 300 or once a year on your Kubota just fine on a good 15W40.

Hi,
wobbly1 - Kubota make some great engines. I met with their Diesel Engine Engineers in Japan many years ago - they were a great knowledgeable Team then

Consider a Delvac 1 synthetic lubricant they are simply great products that I have extensive development/user experience with. They will give you max. OCI with confidence

Originally Posted By: wobbly1
Owner manual said 400 hours.
Rotella T6?

Dang this is surprising. What is the capacity?

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
wobbly1 - Kubota make some great engines. I met with their Diesel Engine Engineers in Japan many years ago - they were a great knowledgeable Team then

Consider a Delvac 1 synthetic lubricant they are simply great products that I have extensive development/user experience with. They will give you max. OCI with confidence

The guy that designed the L4330 (or perhaps other grand L's too?) came out to our house and signed the OM.
thumbsup2.gif

2.5 gallons. Sure is expensive, $65,000. 12' self contained rough mower for golf turf. 7 22" hydraulically driven mowing decks. Pretty cool piece of machinery.

2.5 gallons. Sure is expensive, $65,000. 12' self contained rough mower for golf turf. 7 22" hydraulically driven mowing decks. Pretty cool piece of machinery.

Our L holds about 9 quarts IIRC. Your mower sounds awesome. They make a smaller 3 deck bat-wing that seems very nice. I just use a 72" Land Pride for the larger stuff, but lately I just use the little G1800. It'll mow 5 acres on a little over 2 gallons of fuel. Lol.

The L sure is good for snow removal though.

The L sure is good for snow removal though. [/quote]

Ha!
I made a 9 hole golf course one year, in a foot of snow. 75-150 yard holes about 15-20' wide.

With a skid steer. Took me a week.

Big fun that week.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is a tier 4 engine. Longer intervals is one advantage of this new design along with low sulfur diesal. Im not sure about kubota but I know JD states up to 500 hrs only with use of JD PLUS ll conventional and JD filters with their tier 4. They really empathize with their fluids and filters. They also claim 700 hrs with JD 0w-40 synthetic with periodic analysis. With that said no way I'm I going that long with either. I have both kubota and JD(neither tier 4)and they get pretty much any brand 15-40 conventional and some where around 100 hr oci or no more than 2 years. If u feel comfortable running these long intervals with this expensive machine,more power to ya. I would just feel better running few shorter runs for break in and then extend to around maybe 250 hrs.. nice machine tho. Im a kubota fan.

Thanks, sound advice. I'll see if I can cross a a Fram Ultra filter, go 250 with the T6. Maybe get some Delvac 1 and go longer after a year, 400ish hours.

Thanks, sound advice. I'll see if I can cross a a Fram Ultra filter, go 250 with the T6. Maybe get some Delvac 1 and go longer after a year, 400ish hours.

It should be the XG16.

Nearest I can tell, Kubota has 3 filter sizes. This is at least what the dealer sells.. Sizes Fram xx6609, xx9688 and xx16. Our L for example specs something a bit different than the xx16, but said filter cross-references to it. Right now, she us running a M1-204.

I would strongly recommend using an OEM filter rather than a Fram. The equipment cost $62K? Why are you trying to save a few pennies by buying a cheaper oil filter?

Charlie

Does the motor have EGR system? I thought that these actually made the oil get loaded with soot faster than the older dirtier exhaust motors?
Also maybe have a look at the crank case breather too. A couple of new MX5200 tractors have some how got the breather plugged and then pressurized the crankcase blowing engine oil into the intake at an uncontrolled rate! Atleast its happening under warranty right now, but it still must hurt to watch your 70hr tractor kill itself.

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
I would strongly recommend using an OEM filter rather than a Fram. The equipment cost $62K? Why are you trying to save a few pennies by buying a cheaper oil filter?

Charlie

Sadly, the last few Kubota filters I have bought have been made in China. I hardly consider the Fram to be the cheap filter in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back