API Labeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reference to this thread, here are many pictures of many different oil bottles and jugs I have in my stash, current and historical, ILSAC rated and non-ILSAC rated.

Let's start with Mobil Super 2000 5w-30, in SM/GF-4, a Canadian market high mileage oil. Note the Starburst up front with French wording outside it. The reverse has the API Donut, with some French wording within. The back label mentions GF-4 and older.

TCF6fl.jpg

HfpN2k.jpg

JMxy2Y.jpg

rZx15v.jpg

Here is PYB 5w-30 in SN/GF-5, Starburst on the front, API Donut on the back, with the new "Resource Conserving" wording, rather than "Energy Conserving" as before. French wording is printed within the API regulations.

ibDAGv.jpg

n6hYZM.jpg

0oXLUx.jpg

ECZNii.jpg

Here is QSGB 5w-30 in SH/GF-1, with "Energy Conserving II" in the API Donut. Despite Canadian labeling, the deference to French in the API marks is non-existent.

ptrsF6.jpg

Awu7B1.jpg

xoT2rb.jpg

3tzRcT.jpg

Now, here are some non-ILSAC labels. For those that inexplicably think I'm a Royal Purple hater, here is Royal Purple 0w-40 in SM/CF. Note that the ACEA stuff is outdated and contrary to ACEA labeling rules. This oil is only a few years old and should not be showing ACEA 2004 sequences. I don't care. It's a suitable oil.

ERbF3t.jpg

ONysUR.jpg

k6FNSU.jpg

Here is some Castrol Syntec 5w-50 in SL/CF. Obviously, this is a non-ILSAC grade, and the API Donut is on the back. I took a picture of the usual "NOT FOR SALE OUTSIDE..." blurb, which exists on all Castrol bottles sold here, from GTX to GC to this.

2htgCC.jpg

Q6AvKi.jpg

I6xXji.jpg

ZuTPrj.jpg

Here is the current labeling for Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 in CJ-4 SM ACEA E7, E9. Note the API Donut on the back, and obviously no Starburst up front, for obvious reasons. The label on the reverse mistakenly calls it an ACEA E7, E5 oil, whereas E5 clearly does not apply.

That covers just about all of my stuff.

kJnEh2.jpg

NbWlMR.jpg

jlibV6.jpg

By the way, I don't discriminate against Chevron or Red Line or Valvoline. I have some Chevron ATF in the garage for some reason, some Valvoline DOT 3 (all my MaxLife is gone), and Red Line SI-1.

How do you find the Delvac in your G37? I suppose its likely not common for people to use that oil in a car. What is your reasoning to go with that over a standard PCMO?

I get it straight from Imperial Oil. I had some in stock for my Audi, which I no longer have. I decided to use it up, after consulting with a certain resident expert on the topic, and have carried on with it ever since. Cost is one of my reasons, considering it's cheaper than the regularly priced conventional PCMOs at normal retail channels. I walk in, tell them what i want, I pay, pull to the loading dock, and they hand me a box. I know it won't have used oil in it or worry about them being out of stock, either.

Thanks. I noticed my RP from my supplier has no French. I'll have to check and see if Canadian Tire's stuff is any different. In any event, that will be the all new bottling and labeling, so it won't be a fair comparison. I might have to wander around the shed and see if I have any other goodies hanging about, while I'm at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back