Is it me that is cheap but wearcheck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, tell me, am I cheap or you find like me wearcheck Canada very expensive ? I bought 1 kit called MOB 2, its a standard analysis with TBN .

The analysis is 45.00, then they charge me 10.00 to ship the kit to me, then of course Ill have to ship the sample back !!! for another 10.00 now I am at 65.00 !! thats an expensive hobby ;-)

Is this what you pay ? Is blackstone cheaper for canadian ?

I'm cheaper than you. I never had any UOA done for my cars, even when I extended OCI of my Lexus LS400 to 16-20k/12mo with synthetic oil from 8-10k/6mo with dino oil.

If the total cost of UOA is around $20, shipping included, I may do one or two but at $30-40 I skip.

I picked up several WIX UOA's from Amazon when they were somewhere around $10.

Sent them all in in one go for $5 priority mail.

Total cost just over $10 per UOA.

At one time, Amazon were selling them for $6, they are now nearer $20.

That includes TBN btw.

Originally Posted By: Benito
I picked up several WIX UOA's from Amazon when they were somewhere around $10.

Sent them all in in one go for $5 priority mail.

Total cost just over $10 per UOA.

At one time, Amazon were selling them for $6, they are now nearer $20.

That includes TBN btw.

That's helpful...if you're American...

Did you happen to check on customs regulations? Shipping from Canada?

Because that's the point...the OP wants to know what the Canadian options are...

Last edited:
I have used Toromont in Toronto several times, Im happy with the results.
Their oil kits are $25 when I used it.
Check it out, its a good option for canadians.
I usually drop off the sample in person at their location. Just around the corner from the lab, you can buy the oil kits.

Do you have NAPA in Canada? They sell their own. I am sure Polaris deals in Canada, they are world wide. I buy a 10 pack from Polaris to get a good deal.

Thanks for the suggestions, my idea behind this analysis is that I want to follow the OLM for my F150 with 3.5 ecoboost. Apparently some are having problem with fuel dilution , and Im curious to see if Pennzoil Platinum can do the job anyway thanks guys !!

Blackstone is still a viable option for Canadians, but our dollar slipping makes their price a bit less attractive than it was. Petro-Canada does them, too, but I believe you have to call in. They have little to no information online.

Thanks Mobilin, I,ve called them today and its still 25.00 plus shipping to my adress, return to the lab in included, so its a much better price than Werachck, thanks for the suggestion
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
I have used Toromont in Toronto several times, Im happy with the results.
Their oil kits are $25 when I used it.
Check it out, its a good option for canadians.
I usually drop off the sample in person at their location. Just around the corner from the lab, you can buy the oil kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back