You Meet Bitog'ers In The Strangest Places...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as it turns out my trip to Dallas had a nice surprise. I ran into Overkill and had a nice dinner while discussing reloading, guns, diesel trucks, IT, and of course, motor oil and oil filters.

Super nice guy--glad I bumped into him. Thanks for the dinner conversation Overkill!

You are quite welcome! I had a wonderful time as well and I'm glad we could make an evening out of it. Don't forget to hit me up when you are in Toronto
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
So you literally just bumped into each other unplanned?

Yup. I noticed he was in Dallas yesterday when he posted his fuel mileage thread and messaged him saying I wish I had known and we could have got together. He messaged me back saying he was here until Friday. Then, discussing our accommodation situations we discovered we were at the same hotel, LOL!!

So, after work today we got together for a few hours and chatted it up and had dinner. Was a great time!

Wow, how did you guys figure out each other was a BITOG member?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Yup. I noticed he was in Dallas yesterday when he posted his fuel mileage thread and messaged him saying I wish I had known and we could have got together. He messaged me back saying he was here until Friday. Then, discussing our accommodation situations we discovered we were at the same hotel, LOL!!

So, after work today we got together for a few hours and chatted it up and had dinner. Was a great time!

That's pretty awesome! Talk about totally random.

Yes; and that was not the half of it. The conversation went something like:

OK = I see you are in Dallas. I am too.

PSD = Yes, came up for a management meeting and to install some servers. We should try to meet and have dinner or something.

OK = Sounds good, I am at hotel X.

PSD = Are you at the one sandwiched between the bank and the fast food place?

OK = Bwahahahaha! What are the odds?

PSD = Go buy a lottery ticket...

My meetings have been a lot more planned.
Gary Allan (RIP) - He drove to NY
XS650 - we drove to his place
tempest - we caught up in Vegas
moribundman - we had lunch in SF

Near misses through my own stupidity include dave1251.

Also caught up with the former co-moderators off screamforme (the defunct BDBB) on those trips.

Now I just to meet my two co-controllers
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Very nice !

A meet between two decent BITOG'ers.

What did you guys had for dinner ? Texas BBQ ?

I had BBQ yesterday for lunch so no, we went to one of the Pappa's restaurants, Pappadeaux, which is their seafood place. I've been a number of times and the food is fantastic.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

How cool is that?
thumbsup2.gif

There's a few BITOGers in Arizona. Interesting to think I may have driven past them on the freeway or something.

It's a small world.

Cool!

Ran into a few myself....all good people..
thumbsup2.gif

Surprised with all the members in MI I have not bumped into more, or have some kind of BITOG meet....

never met another BITOGer in the flesh...
frown.gif

there's always SOMETHING happening in Dallas either just before, or just after I go there. something innocuous as this, or a band, or comedian i want to see...

ex: Chris Hardwick is doing a show Tonight(Fri 9/18) in Dallas, I'm getting to town tomorrow.(Sat 9/19)

Over the years, it's been artists as varied as Metallica, Ben Folds, Garfunkel and Oates, and now Hardwick. it ALMOST feels like a Conspiracy....almost....

heck, My Childhood Best friend Moved down there a few years ago, and we still have yet to meet up when I'm in town. (lost his current phone/email, and I'm not on Facebook)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back