Speaking of Beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the news:

"Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's biggest brewing company and the owner of Budweiser, announced Wednesday it wants to buy SABMiller, the second-largest brewer — and the maker of long-time rival brand Miller Genuine Draft."

Just attended the Oktoberfest at the Ft. Collins Colorado Budweiser brewery. $30 for a glass mug (advertised as a stein), one food item, and two beers. Price seemed a bit high to me.

Anyone else go?

That is pricy.

I went to the Vermont Heritage Brew Festival a couple of weeks ago. $35 got me tastings at ~15 beer and cider vendors, a tasting glass, and lots of live entertainment; there were bands and musicians playing all over the bucolic property. It was at a farm that had been turned into a nice museum, so the vendors were spread around the landscaped paths and outbuildings.

Oh, and no Budweiser. That's a win.

I went to a local upscale grocery tonight for dinner. They have a stir fry bar where you pick you what you like then they cook it up. Kind of like a salad bar. Went to the large beer section and settled on something I haven't had in a while. A 24 ounce Honey Brown already chilled for .99 plus tax = $1.06. Drank it while in the café...very good!

I've gone on the brewery tour there twice now, for "team building exercises" and enjoyed both times. The beers even tasted good, after they told me that one of the main ingredients, rice, was added on purpose, to give it crispness.
wink.gif

Got a pic of the "Stein"?

S a European megalith buys a South African megalith. I'll stick to Yuengling, or even Rolling Rock.

Last edited:
Victory Brewery is one of the largest on the East Coast. They usually have around 25 varieties on tap. Great place to eat.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
S a European megalith buys a South African megalith. I'll stick to Yuengling, or even Rolling Rock.
Rolling Rock = InBev

Quote:

"Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's biggest brewing company and the owner of Budweiser, announced Wednesday it wants to buy SABMiller, the second-largest brewer — and the maker of long-time rival brand Miller Genuine Draft."

What results will be the biggest R+D budget out there; BITOG wisdom indicates they will produce the best beer..... not.

As Michael Jackson once said (not the pop start, but the beer critiquer) Budwesier spends a lot of money and research so they can produce a consistently mediocre product.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

What results will be the biggest R+D budget out there; BITOG wisdom indicates they will produce the best beer..... not.

As Michael Jackson once said (not the pop start, but the beer critiquer) Budwesier spends a lot of money and research so they can produce a consistently mediocre product.

You can't argue with success. Their marketing is so good their consumers actively combat superior products. The equivalent of McDs customers arguing a McDouble is better than a prime dry aged ribeye masterfully cooked over hardwood. Very powerful stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back