Liquimoly Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BobFout
I would like to use it, but the specs it meets are a bit dated (MB 229.3 and BMW LL-98)

what other 5w-40 do you recommend?

Originally Posted By: Grambo
I would like to use it, but the specs it meets are a bit dated (MB 229.3 and BMW LL-98)

what other 5w-40 do you recommend?

Depends on what specs are needed. What does the manual call for?

I haven't used it, but happily would use it.

If you want a 5W40 with higher specs (BMW LL01, MB 229.5) then try Shell Helix Ultra 5W40

Otherwise consider Castrol Edge 0W40 or M1 0W40

I think Liqui Moly makes a quality product. I've used their full synthetic motorcycle oil before and my bike always shifted much better than with any other oil. There is also a Youtube video floating around, it may have been posted here before, about the owner of the company. He gets it when it comes to outsourcing and automation.

Is this for real? How do they not update their specs? I always thought this was a big brand in Europe.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111

Is this for real? How do they not update their specs? I always thought this was a big brand in Europe.

They have version that meets MB 229.5, BMW-LL01.

I've used and continue to use their additives. Great stuff. I've only ever tried their 10w-40 with mos2 and their 0w-40. Never tried the 5w-40.
I was happy other than cost with the ones I used

Originally Posted By: SR5

If you want a 5W40 with higher specs (BMW LL01, MB 229.5) then try Shell Helix Ultra 5W40

How is Shell Helix Ultra 5W40? is it like Shell Rotella T6 5W40 but for Gasoline Engines?

Something like Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Euro 5W-40 in your part of the world.
It's a GTL oil (Pure Plus Tech) that is FF for Ferrari.

I use this oil since 2000. No single reason to complain.

My non-scientific test with a 1,4 Liter / 60 Hp VW that you have to drive constant WOT because of the small engine after 240.000 Km with this oil, winter and short trips included, constant over 4.000 RPM on the Autobahn for hours:

- No Oil Consumption, no need to refill between OCI
- Camschaft looked like new from the factory
- No brown varnish, no black sludge in the engine.

Car was scrapped because of rust, Engine still fine like new.

You can use it, its fine stuff.
01.gif

Last edited:

How is Shell Helix Ultra 5W40? is it like Shell Rotella T6 5W40 but for Gasoline Engines?

Rotella is for US market...in EU we have Rimula....and yes it is HDEO typ of oil...

Originally Posted By: ChristianReske

My non-scientific test with a 1,4 Liter / 60 Hp VW that you have to drive constant WOT because of the small engine after 240.000 Km with this oil, winter and short trips included, constant over 4.000 RPM on the Autobahn for hours:

01.gif

Are you talking about The Liquimoly 5W40 or the Shell Rotella 5W40?

I have that oil in my GTI right now, just changed it. I had been running the LM Top Tec 4100 but changed to this on a recommendation. I'll run a UOA in 5K to see how its doing.

Last edited:

Id try it, but its a bit hard to find here.
frown.gif

btw, is the yellow jug of helix the same as pennzoil conventional?

Originally Posted By: ChristianReske

01.gif

Are you talking about The Liquimoly 5W40 or the Shell Rotella 5W40?

I am talking about the Liqui Moly, of course. Rotella is unknown in Germany.

We have some stuff called Shell "Rimula" here for commercial diesel Trucks, but it is not aviailabel her in stores. Its only sold in barrels to truck service stations and so AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back