Quik Chek gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They opened up a brand new place right off RT80, exit 30 in NJ. (credit or cash, same price. YEAH!) Would anyone know who is the gas supplier?

The cheapest price they can get. There are a couple of their stations around where I live. I've used them over the years and never had any problems. They are usually high volume stations so the gas is likely not stale. They are not top tier but the fuel is good. However a Shell station opened up less than a mile from my house and they charge the same as Quik Check so I use them now.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
The cheapest price they can get. There are a couple of their stations around where I live. I've used them over the years and never had any problems. They are usually high volume stations so the gas is likely not stale. They are not top tier but the fuel is good. However a Shell station opened up less than a mile from my house and they charge the same as Quik Check so I use them now.

Whimsey

Is the Shell station close to the QC I'm referring about?

The supplier probably uses gas from the Bayway refinery in Linden/Elizabeth that is owned by Philips/Conoco.

When in that area, I use the Costco off of Exit 34 as it is usually cheaper than Quik Chek and meets Top-Tier standards.

The location of the new Quik Chek off Exit 30 is very convenient and offers easy exit and reentry to Rt 80. I have stopped there for coffee a couple of times.

Last edited:
I suggest you guys seriously "study" the following info because you still seem to continue or choose to ignore and misunderstand the action of emulsifiers and what they do.

Regarding the additive mix and the chemicals used, the exact formula is proprietary but you can see the chemicals that might be used at:

Additives

Quote:
In terms of additives, an emulsifier additive promotes the formation of a "stable" mixture or 'emulsion,' say, of oil and water. Many gear lubes do this so that water will not form droplets on steel surfaces.

If you have ever changed a diffy that has been subjected to water intrusion or lots of moisture, you will see a yellow-ish or almost creamy-white mixture when being drained. This is an emulsion of water and oil. Hopefully, the other additives have protected the surfaces from rust and corrosion while the water is in suspension. The carboxylic esters of alkenyl's and the polyisobutylene succininates help to emulsify the water. Sometimes they come packaged with a corrosion inhibitor, a rust inhibitor, and wetting agents (surfactants). Wetting agents here do not refer to water wetting, but the action of chemicals to spread or climb on surfaces.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are chemicals that "demulsify" or separate water from oil. And the "demulsifiability" of a fluid is its ability to separate from water. The demulsifier additives are the carboxylic esters of hydroxyalkyl and others. Sometimes they come packaged with a corrosion inhibitor, a rust inhibitor, and a dispersant.

Quote:
Here is some more info on emulsifiers:

An emulsifier is a surface-active agent that facilitates the mixing of two or more liquid substances that would separate into its component parts under normal conditions. Soap, for example, can act as an emulsifier.

The Two Ends of the molecule:
An emulsifier is a substance that has two ends--one oil-attracting end (hydrophobic) and one water-attracting (hydrophilic) end.

Mixing Oil and Water:
An emulsifier makes it possible for oil and water to stay mixed together. When mixed in a container with both water and oil, the emulsifier binds the oil to one of its ends and the water to the opposite end.

Chemical Emulsifiers
Once solvents dissolve oil-based chemical products, emulsifiers are then used to make these dissolved chemicals mix in an aqueous solution. Chemical emulsifiers are complex, synthetic liquids formulated for their specific functions.

Food Grade Types
Several types of food grade emulsifiers include lecithin, agar, locust bean gum, carrageenan and gum arabic, all of which are commonly processed food ingredients.

Found at:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/530339/Additives_XIII:_EMULSIFICATION#Post530339

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back