Chrysler 300M Steering wheel in a Sebring Conv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read that this swap is not possible so I tried it anyways since I always thought the wood rim 300M steering wheel would look nice in the Sebring. After finding a nice 300M at a U-pick yard nearby, I decided to give the swap a try along with the chrome power window switches. To my surprise, the airbag lined up absolutely perfectly and once the steering wheel wiring harness was transferred over, all the steering wheel controls also worked perfectly. About the only issue is the 300M steering wheel is not quite as deep as the Sebring wheel so its an ever so slightly longer reach, but thats a small trade off for the look. I also bought the chrome shift knob for that 300M which was also a perfect fit in the Sebring. Not sure if anyone still is looking for this type of swap since the car is going on 10 years old now, but it does work!

/Users/admin/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Thumbnails/2015/09/15/20150915-202131/pHiW1p0HSXCVYg0I7AIWnA/thumb_IMG_2316_1024.jpg

Thats the original airbag from the Sebring, so there is no lost airbag functionality since the mount was the same on the 300M wheel as on the Sebring wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back