A Good Samaritan

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITOG has a good samaritan that donates oil and filters. It is BITOG member 2015_PSD.
After he sold his 2010 FX4 he had some M1 EP 0W20 left over that he would have used in that truck. He sent me 8 qts. (1-5 qt. container and 1-5 qt. container that he used 2 qts. from it) and a FU 3600 oil filter.
In the complex I live in, it houses handicap and elderly people. There is one elderly lady that lives month to month on very little money. She owns an 06 Mercury Sable. I am going to buy 2 qts. of 5W20 oil and a Purolator oil filter. I will use the 3 qts. of M1 0W20 and the 5W20 oil in her car for an OCI. My cousin has already volunteered to do it. That is my way of paying it forward from the goodness of 2015_PSD, to help someone else that is in need as well.
smile.gif

15ks3p.jpg

nice

by the way. wasn't he doing som UOA comparison between PP and MS5K on that vehicle? Do you know what his end take away was from the project? Did he still feel that MS5K was just as good for his application as PP

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jake777
nice

by the way. wasn't he doing som UOA comparison between PP and MS5K on that vehicle? Do you know what his end take away was from the project? Did he still feel that MS5K was just as good for his application as PP

Yes he did. I am sure he will chime in and tell you about it.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
nice

Yes he did. I am sure he will chime in and tell you about it.

That would be great I have been running PP in a Honda Odyssey that gets allot of idle time each week and I was recently thinking of going to MS5K instead for 6 month or 5k drain interval and wanted to see how he thought it ultimately did. He actually was the one who got me considering it from one of his older posts about it.

That would be great I have been running PP in a Honda Odyssey that gets allot of idle time each week and I was recently thinking of going to MS5K instead for 6 month or 5k drain interval and wanted to see how he thought it ultimately did. He actually was the one who got me considering it from one of his older posts about it.
It was Pennzoil Ultra (SM version) versus MS5K (SN version). TBT, I saw very little difference between those two and you can see them both in the UOAs here. Look at the blue columns for MS5K and the cream colored columns for PU. The readings were very similar across the board and had I not started 15K OCIs (mostly due to a dare regarding 0W-20), I would have likely stuck with MS5k. For a 6 month/5K OCI, it would be hard to go wrong using it.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Friends dont buy friends Purolator filters.
smile.gif
j/k

You're absolutely correct! Instead, I bought a MC FL-400S oil filter and 2 qts. of PP 0W20 oil at WM today.
34.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I would be leery of changing the oil on the old peoples vehicle. They may blame you for everything else that goes wrong after the fact or is currently wrong.

Very good job on all three of your roles. That's a very nice thing to do for somebody. It may not seem like much to some but at least she won't have to either: Never change the oil(lack of funds) or trust the cheapo lube places to do their job correctly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ccap41
Very good job on all three of your roles. That's a very nice thing to do for somebody. It may not seem like much to some but at least she won't have to either: Never change the oil(lack of funds) or trust the cheapo lube places to do their job correctly.

Thank You ccap41. 2015_PSD has been reaching out to me for awhile with the oil and filters. I use what I need for my truck then pass the remaining oil and filters onto others in my complex that are less fortunate as well.
The very first time he did this I wanted to at least pay for the shipping. He told me I could pay him back by just paying it forward to others in need. And, ever since then, that's what I have been doing. 2015_PSD is helping out others, besides me, in a way that comes straight from the heart!
I also have to mention another BITOG member that has done the same. BITOG member MBS500 also donated some oil and filters. His donation also helped out the less fortunate in my complex. Thanks to you as well MBS500!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3188884/BITOG_Members_Are_The_BEST!!!!#Post3188884

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
I would be leery of changing the oil on the old peoples vehicle. They may blame you for everything else that goes wrong after the fact or is currently wrong.
You are describing my deceased mother in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back