Bendix CT-3 brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at brake pads for 2001 RX300 and went through both akebono proact, raybesto AT and bendix CT-3 pads.

In the end, I bought bendix through rockauto because it came with hardware(akebono doesn't) and I saw many reviews showing CT-3 having GG friction code which is better than proact(FF).

Yesterday, I received both front and rear pads. Opened them up and got a surprise.

The front pads are FF, the rear are GG.
I thought you're supposed to install pads with the same code to keep them consistent?

Did bendix mess up or cost saving?

I also cannot see where they're made in. Where is that located?

Yeah, it's not uncommon to have different friction ratings from front to rear.

The country of origin on my CT-3 pads was on the box. But I bought them a few years ago. I also don't know if Canada has COO labeling laws like hte U.S.

IMG_4613-1000.jpg

Originally Posted By: Falken
IIRC from school Fronts/Rear may have different friction coefficient on certain vehicles, so it is possible Bendix is correct.

Oh. I wasn't aware of that.
I took off the oem front pads 2 weeks ago and they were EE.
The rear are akebono so I know they're FF.
I guess Toyota wants to put a bias to the rear then maybe for EBD.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Yeah, it's not uncommon to have different friction ratings from front to rear.

The country of origin on my CT-3 pads was on the box. But I bought them a few years ago. I also don't know if Canada has COO labeling laws like hte U.S.

I got the brakepads from rockauto and they shipped from US so I would've thought that there would be COO printed somewhere.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wing0
I got the brakepads from rockauto and they shipped from US so I would've thought that there would be COO printed somewhere.

The country of origin labeling rules in the U.S. are complex.

Imported items must have a COO label.

Items that are made in the U.S.A, assembled in the U.S., partially processed or otherwise undergo a significant transformation in the U.S. aren't required to have a COO label. Many companies choose to include them, but the aren't required.

So, it could be that the pads were made or assembled in the USA and that's why they don't have a label. Or it could just be a mistake.

Anyway, just to let you know Bendix makes a pad with a great "feel".

I have a set on my Fit, and it makes City driving easier, nice grippy pads require less stopping distance and pedal force.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: wing0

The country of origin labeling rules in the U.S. are complex.

Imported items must have a COO label.

Items that are made in the U.S.A, assembled in the U.S., partially processed or otherwise undergo a significant transformation in the U.S. aren't required to have a COO label. Many companies choose to include them, but the aren't required.

So, it could be that the pads were made or assembled in the USA and that's why they don't have a label. Or it could just be a mistake.

Nothing on the label at all. I assume they're USA made then.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Anyway, just to let you know Bendix makes a pad with a great "feel".

I have a set on my Fit, and it makes City driving easier, nice grippy pads require less stopping distance and pedal force.

Thanks. That's what I was looking forward to with the replacement of brake pads. If they live up to their claim, I will use them for my own car's pad replacement too.

Do you find it better than Honda OEM pads?

Last edited:
Yes, I found the OEM pads required more effort for city driving. They didn't have enough bite so you had to apply your brakes earlier (more planning) and push down harder to come to a full stop.

The Bendix feel much better, better bite, but silky operation as a whole.

Also, they were half the price of OEM, so can't complain here.

Sadly, COO is China on mine. The abutment clips it came with all needed to be straightened out with pliers, I cleaned and re-used the OEM clips on this brake job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back