AT&T is the absolute worst company...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTW

...I've ever dealt with!

I signed up with Uverse 3 months ago and they haven't gotten my bill correct once. I've spent waaaaay too much time on the phone with them, it's not even worth it.

God almighty!

unfortunately I don't have much of a choice where I live, AT&T or Direct TV...

No monopolies here, lol

Next time, immediately ask to be elevated to the customer retention dept. When connected, ask them for their DIRECT number. If you wind up with an idiot in this dept., ask to speak to a supervisor.

You can also file a complaint with your states public utility commission. The few times I had to do this, ATT sure was more responsive to fixing the problems PRONTO!

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Next time, immediately ask to be elevated to the customer retention dept. When connected, ask them for their DIRECT number. If you wind up with an idiot in this dept., ask to speak to a supervisor.

You can also file a complaint with your states public utility commission. The few times I had to do this, ATT sure was more responsive to fixing the problems PRONTO!

Yep, tried all that, got a supervisor who disconnected me while I was explaining what the issue was. I was very polite... I've probably spent several hours of my time on the phone with them in several different departments since I signed up.

I think AT&T was spawned by the devil

My first cable company, in my first apartment, was called "Media one". They didn't have their number in the phone book. They literally didn't want to be found! I think their service existed solely to meet some regulatory need and they were losing money on every customer, so they tried to hide.

TWC bought 'em later.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Check out the youtube video "The First Honest Cable Company"

NSFW (just two words)

Funny, thanks i needed a laugh.

Too true though...

I won't get into the month long issue we had with AT&T however, a resolution was found rather quickly when we filed a complaint with the BBB.

Suddenly they were quick to fix everything!

I moved to UVerse from standard AT&T DSL because they promised 6 MB/sec down and a much lower bill. Free installation. Jumped all over that - twice the speed, less cost, much higher bandwidth cap, etc...

Surprise - on install day, the tech's line tester said only 3 MB/sec down was possible due to distance from the equipment. (the tech was super nice BTW) I was disappointed, but figured I'm back to the same speed as the AT&T DSL with lower cost and higher cap.

First UVerse bill shows up, has a $100 install fee. WHAT? That was 20 minutes on the phone with customer service to get that fixed. Service rep then tells me that I can upgrade to 6 MB/sec down. I tell him what the tech said and he was confused. I would think that distance from my house to the equipment would be a distance known to AT&T/UVerse based on my previous DSL service, I guess not. The tester doesn't lie.

A bill shows up from AT&T DSL charging me a full month's service for the DSL, even though I switched on the 14th of the month. Another 20 minutes on the phone to get that settled, guy says don't pay it, wait for a corrected bill to arrive next week. Okay.

Second UVerse bill shows up, it shows the $100 install credited and the correct per month charge for 3 MB/sec down. Yay!
smile.gif

Another AT&T DSL bill shows up, saying I'm late paying. I get slightly annoyed, call them back. Guy again says don't pay it, wait for a corrected bill the next week.

FINALLY, SIX WEEKS LATER, a corrected bill show up from AT&T DSL. It's actually correct. I pay it.

After another four weeks, a check shows up from AT&T DSL as a "final bill credit." I can't figure out how they owe me money, but whatever. Perhaps its my compensation for the pooptacular experience so far.

Now that DirecTV has merged with AT&T (or bought, don't recall) my DirecTV account is all jacked up - can't log into it, says "logging you in" for hours, etc... Yay. What was a pretty good experience with DirecTV is now all screwed up by AT&T.

BTW - the UVerse seems slight less crummy than the DSL. The only options here are a wireless internet service (BamaWISP) that's pricey but seems to get good reviews, Hughesnet satellite, or go with the cable company who I renamed MediaCrime (MediaCom) based on their lackluster customer service per next door neighbor who fights with them endlessly to keep his cable modem connection working.

thanks,
ben

I forgot to add that they kept trying to sell me on switching to AT&T wireless. I finally got tired of it saying that my mother is a Verizon stockholder who would disown me if I switched. I think that was a new one on them...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: BTW
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Check out the youtube video "The First Honest Cable Company"

NSFW (just two words)

Funny, thanks i needed a laugh.

Too true though...

"You won't like it, and there is no other option."
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Comcast fills that bill for me.
My mom had Com cast I would agree!

I have two choices. AT&T or Comcast.

So, it is danged if I do, danged if I don't.

And NO cable service, internet ONLY.

I have Cox Cable for more than 20 years, used to have bundle of TV, Phone and Internet. Now only internet and almost never have any problem, only once every few years had to call retention dept to lower monthly bill from around $60-70 to $35-40.

One lesson I have learned if using them...is if at all possible do not ever change anything on your account, at any time once it is set up, it is better to cancel and close your present account and start an entirely new one then change anything.

Verizon has demo'ed 5G and its something like 20-50 times faster than 4G. The end of a piece of fiber or wire coming to your house for the internet will be over soon. Then its all about content. You will have to pay for content for it to be commercial free and other content will be free. But you will not be saddled with 500 channels of unknown programming you never watch.

Originally Posted By: BTW
...I've ever dealt with!

I signed up with Uverse 3 months ago and they haven't gotten my bill correct once. I've spent waaaaay too much time on the phone with them, it's not even worth it.

God almighty!

I agree...I was with Cingular several years ago, which ATT bought wholesale and just changed the letters. Same type thing happened to me, I was getting roaming charges.....from MY HOME. Went on for 8 months in a row, spent numerous hours on the phone talking to reps, supervisors, THEIR supervisors and managers and it still wasn't fixed. Then I wrote a letter to the last manager I spoke with, the VP in charge of customer service and the VP of the company. I told the entire story, and that if I had to call again for this issue (which I had been told was fixed, every month) that I would bill them at my usual rate of $150 per hour, and that I had spent at least 2 hours per month trying to resolve this.

Guess what, no more roaming charges after that.

My advice? If it isn't fixed this time, light them up with some letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back