Chinese Car Crash Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh that makes sense.

I was scratching my head on that one, Germany has been a leader in manufacturing since the industrial revolution.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Originally Posted By: madRiver
That is actually impressive considering their auto industry and safety standards are a new thing. It took much longer for US and other Asian auto industry to achieve same ratings.

Well we had to develop the technology from scratch, they borrowed it.

Everything is faster when someone else has already done the hard bits.

Reality is we copied the Europeans who were earlier in the game for (effective) crash worthiness.

One thing we do in fact export is a safety technology nannies as of late all the great makes use like MB, BMW, Lexus/Toyota, Honda, GM and swedes. The car makers will not advertise it but the main supplier is an acquired MA startup with a euro named attached. They not only make the parts, they design them and the car makers simply adapt to application.

For those that think the Chinese will not be selling a reliable car in the next several years in the U.S. are in a river of denial.....

And the public will buy it once they learn how many vehicle components are already coming from China as I type this post.

Back in the 60s and 70s, we were all told that Japan was going to flood the USA with junk, and own all our stuff during the 1980s.

There was a fear of South Korea also flooding the USA with junk. The idea of Hyundai building a car factory in the USA sounded crazy to many people.

Now the same things are being said about China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back