Question for Harley Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any option to get the motor blacked out from the factory instead of chrome? for instance, on one of the new Rushmore bikes, let's take the Road King. Can you special order a Road King to get the engine looking like the engines look on the new 2016 Softail Slim S and Fatboy S ? The dark engine look.

I know, go to a dealer and ask. But that entails a sales pitch and such and all I'm trying to find out is if that is do-able-- New Road King with blacked out engine from the factory. Reason: thinking of the new dark silver paint option for 2016 and how cool it would look with a dark engine like the two new softail options have, but on a dark silver Road King. Also dechrome the front fender and have it plain like the fender on the Street Glide, etc.

Lot of ad copy on the Harley site about customizing to make it yours uniquely, so it seems like this should be possible.

Im not sure on that. I agree with you though. that would be a great looking bike.

My friends Dad has a softail Slim that is matte black with the black engine and black Vance & hines pipes. The bike has various engine and other parts that are polished Aluminum as well. It is a great looking bike.

Where a Touring is concerned, no.

The Street Bob and Sportster Custom can be ordered through the HD1 customization program and a black (mostly) engine is an option there (at least it is on the Sportster - been a while since I played with the bike builder on a Street Bob)

Otherwise you buy the Road King and start blacking it out...
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back