Has anyone done an EFAN conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 03 xterra 4x4 with a winch bumper on it. It cuts down the amount of cooling area, but it's running fine.

This thing sees lots of off pavement time, and the mechanical fan at low speed high load makes me nervous.

The supercharged version of this vehicle had a twin core radiator that drops right in. Core size is basically 27×17.5

I'm thinking of swapping to the new radiator and getting a ford taurus 3.8L fan to sit in there.

Has anyone ever done one of these swaps? Curious if there is a preferred wiring harness and temp sensor.

If you are handy, you can buy a fuse harness, relay and harness, thermal switch, and wire it up your self. Thats the route I would take. If there is maybe a spot for an extra coolant sensor you can add one there, or possibly tee the factory temperature sensor, and add one of your own.
Other option is they make sleeves that you splice into your radiator hose that has a spot for a 3/8NPT switch.

Last edited:
I swapped a Valeo fan from a '90s era 3.8L Lincoln Continental into a Camaro once. Those fans move a lot of air, so I'd think it'd work for you if the Taurus is similar and fits. You need a high-amp relay (I used Bosch 40A). Not sure about the temp switch.

Last edited:
Temp switch is the way to go. I've been using a lot of Ford dual speed fans, and the Volvo dual-speed relays.

Keep it simple, ,and just screw in a fan switch wherever you can. Might be an unused thread in the radiator, or thermostat housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back