OLM was tripped on the GM so I changed the oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio

And my other points? Out of my reply.. you quoted my reference to AEHaas. Ok. My other tenets and points? Those? ..

I don't think they were really "points", more just ramblings and "what ifs", nothing that really warranted a response. The point about Ali doing it, in a car that is nothing like your mom's SUV, I did feel needed addressing however.

Yeah, he babies performance-built niche super high end Italian speed machine, infuses with Audio DNA as of late in Miami heat.. I do not remember the exact thread number or URL, but at least one told him it was a "good choice." Also, 0W-20 was suggested.

It has a HUGE sump, which means that oil temperatures are LOW. Which means the oil is heavier than it appears. He has also noted this.

And somebody telling him it was a "good choice" or not, well, it wasn't me, and it wasn't anybody else in this thread who has told you what you've done is NOT a good choice. Also, Ali's vehicles are his own, this vehicle is your mom's, the fact that you want to carry on the comparison is ridiculous. He's a multi-millionaire with a stable full of exotics with massive oil sumps that he puts around in, you are doing experiments on your mom's 200,000 mile GMC with a standard sized oil sump and going WOT like a wild man. Those scenarios don't even begin to be comparable.

And let us not get started on Mobil 1 0W-20 - or even 5W-20 - that could be said is fine..

What?
confused.gif

At least one poster on here has said that M1 0W-×0, I'm a Dodge Ram, TOWING, long highway trips, didn't use a drop...

The Dodge RAM specs 5w-20 dude!!!! Of course it would be fine with a 0w-20, they are both freakin' 20 weight oils!!! My wife's Charger also specs 5w-20, it gets 0w-20, it was DESIGNED FOR and CALLS FOR a 20-weight oil!
crazy2.gif

You're not NOT making sense, but, I think we are way, waaaay overboard on doom predictions with this.

I'm making perfect sense, you simply aren't using your noodle on this, you are "skim thinking" and subsequently drumming up ludicrous comparisons because you put the wrong oil in your mom's SUV and most of us have told you that was a bad idea.

GMC feels much more responsive on its new Magnatec fill, and the other two.. are coming along. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

Was the 10W-40 "better?" Let's see what other BITOG things we can flip around. For yours truly.....

I already told you the 10w-40 wasn't "smart" either. But it, in the summer heat, and the vehicle being beaten on like a red-headed step-child, is not the risk that the 5w-20 was.

Both are "wrong", one just has more risk associated with it than the other. It is that simple.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Personally I think using 5w20 is the least of that vehicles problems.

Do you really think it will matter to the longevity of that vehicle. That old oil color looked like some water is mixing is going to kill the motor long before a slight variance in oil pressure theory on a worn GM engine.

The biggest of the vehicle's problems is the reason there was water in the oil, and that was the OP, who put a GALLON of water through the brake booster line, which is how it ended up in the pan good sir.

You are not familiar with the OP, the rest of us are. This is typical in terms of a chain of events in one of his "loving it to death" episodes.

You are correct.. it had "by the book" services, with 10W-40 after it left dealer care...

Now, Enter The GHT.

No ghetto here................ and this will make ALL THE difference.

I have a question for you:

If the car has made it to the 206k mile mark using 10W-40 oil, and not using your "help" in getting to this point, why in the world do you think you should now get involved, and change anything that has been done up to this point in time?

I'm not going to say anything else.
This is just another typical attention deficit disorder post by HeWithMoreNamesThanAnyoneCanEverHopeToKeepUp WithAndGetsBannedEverytimeButForSomeDerangedReasonIsAlwaysAllowedToPostUnderaNewNameWithoutBeingBannedImmediately.

From now on, I am going to refer to you as HWMNTACEHTKUWAGBEBFSDRIAATPUNNWBBI for short.
I might even create a keyboard alias just so I won't have to type this out.

On second thought, I'm not going to bother, too much effort.

BC.

So the OP just pulls over to the side of the road to change oil? I guess the garage he left in the first video was too convenient?

The OP mixed full synthetic Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 with Castrol 10W-30 High Mileage?

I didn't see the OP change the filter.

The OP should have REALLY brought a funnel. I bet he had a funnel back in the garage he left!!!!

I gather that MOS2 junk really makes the oil look milky.

Interesting oil change videos.

Originally Posted By: stchman
So the OP just pulls over to the side of the road to change oil? I guess the garage he left in the first video was too convenient?

The OP mixed full synthetic Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 with Castrol 10W-30 High Mileage?

The OP should have REALLY brought a funnel. I bet he had a funnel back in the garage he left!!!!

Thanks man.
thumbsup2.gif

Both oils were 5W-20...

The "garage" is packed to the gills..

Mom has insinuated this house is getting sold. [censored] Bayonne taxes, I'll bet.

This oil is... due for a change in about 1000 miles anyways. So it should be all good.. is even a quart 20W-50 in there now, since I've never seen such backlash on 5W-20 use. I reckon it is only because it's me.. this is almost certainly what it is (note OVERKILL's constant references to "we know him," "if you knew him like we knew him," etc.)

I guess me no longer living with ghetto queen with the Expedition or Diva with the secret loathing of cars and love of Public Transportation in the form of the T (to which she never owned a car or did take the various Green Lines etc up until the time she passed)
Or my ~$100 of tools purchases, including Machinist Precision Straight Rule and Compression Gauge..
Or use of them
Or arrangement of a garage for staging of disassembly of the other two
Are acknowledged.. except by some, and I thank you.
All this uproar over 5W-20 in a 5W-30 car is a bit ridiculous.

In other news.. Light has stayed off, car runs like a champ, feels good off the line, and has nice room for a 500lb passenger from Brooklyn. Did some good driving with it.. totally outside the scope of this discussion. But "You know me." Right?
thumbsup2.gif

Right.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
You are correct.. it had "by the book" services, with 10W-40 after it left dealer care...

Now, Enter The GHT.

No ghetto here................ and this will make ALL THE difference.

I have a question for you:

If the car has made it to the 206k mile mark using 10W-40 oil, and not using your "help" in getting to this point, why in the world do you think you should now get involved, and change anything that has been done up to this point in time?

I'm not going to say anything else.
This is just another typical attention deficit disorder post by HeWithMoreNamesThanAnyoneCanEverHopeToKeepUp WithAndGetsBannedEverytimeButForSomeDerangedReasonIsAlwaysAllowedToPostUnderaNewNameWithoutBeingBannedImmediately.

From now on, I am going to refer to you as HWMNTACEHTKUWAGBEBFSDRIAATPUNNWBBI for short.
I might even create a keyboard alias just so I won't have to type this out.

On second thought, I'm not going to bother, too much effort.

BC.

Thanks for your worthless post.

Sincerely, - Corhholio.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: madRiver
Personally I think using 5w20 is the least of that vehicles problems.

Do you really think it will matter to the longevity of that vehicle. That old oil color looked like some water is mixing is going to kill the motor long before a slight variance in oil pressure theory on a worn GM engine.

The biggest of the vehicle's problems is the reason there was water in the oil, and that was the OP, who put a GALLON of water through the brake booster line, which is how it ended up in the pan good sir.

You are not familiar with the OP, the rest of us are. This is typical in terms of a chain of events in one of his "loving it to death" episodes.

OVERKILL we have a 500 Quatloos (?) wager on the other thread if this one lives or dies. I feel you all will be owing me 500 Quatloos.
smile.gif

Shall we drunk to that?
10.gif

Sincerely, - Corhholio.

*kiss kiss haters. See my [censored]*

Last edited:

Thanks man.
thumbsup2.gif

Both oils were 5W-20...

Mom has insinuated this house is getting sold. [censored] Bayonne taxes, I'll bet.

This oil is... due for a change in about 1000 miles anyways. So it should be all good.. is even a quart 20W-50 in there now, since I've never seen such backlash on 5W-20 use. I reckon it is only because it's me.. this is almost certainly what it is (note OVERKILL ' constant references to "we know him," etc.)

In other news.. Light has stayed off, car runs like a champ, feels good off the line, and has nice room for a 500lb passenger from Brooklyn. Did some good driving with it.. totally outside the scope of this discussion. But "You know me." Right?
thumbsup2.gif

Right.

The use of 5W-20 in an engine that calls for 5W-30 isn't that big a deal IMO.

Thanks man.
thumbsup2.gif

Both oils were 5W-20...

This oil is... due for a change in about 1000 miles anyways. So it should be all good.. is even a quart 20W-50 in there now, since I've never seen such backlash on 5W-20 use. I reckon it is only because it's me.. this is almost certainly what it is (note OVERKILL ' constant references to "we know him," etc.)

thumbsup2.gif

Right.

The use of 5W-20 in an engine that calls for 5W-30 isn't that big a deal IMO.

It's really isn't, and aside from some technical insight from OVERKILL (who is trying really hard to tell me im going to destroy a truck over it,) THE rest is just fanfare because I most certainly am me.. The INFAMOUS Cornholio.

Sincerely, - Cornholio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back