Kudos to Team Pennzoil and Gena Fishbeck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About two weeks ago, I noticed a post where Pennzoil was offering to send out a "UOA kit" which would include a sample of one of their synthetic oils and a UOA test kit. I PM'ed Gena at Pennzoil (who made the post) and she immediately responded asking me for a few details about my vehicle (the Explorer is the test subject). She said that she would put a kit together and have it shipped out and that I would receive it in about a week. I asked about the UOA part and if I would see the results and she responded that I would.

UPS came by today and left a package and I was quite surprised to see Pennzoil Ultra Platinum on the outside of the box. I opened it and found a 6 pack of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-20, a Blackstone sample bottle, and a pre-paid mailer to Blackstone. In addition the flyer stated that before I send in the first sample, if I contact them, they will send out a second kit stating:

Originally Posted By: Pennzoil Flyer
Get the proof - With Pennzoil in your engine, we know you'll feel the difference in performance, fuel economy, and horsepower. But we want to prove it. So before your next drain interval, contact us and we will send you a second UOA kit with another case of Pennzoil.

A really nice program and I am very happy to have two OCs and UOA tests to go along with them. It will be nice to see how PUP fares against M1 AFE.

Thanks Pennzoil and Gena!

G7g7s8.jpg

pz3YFY.jpg

Nice.

I'm waiting for Pennzoil "UOA kit" for my S2000.

I told Gena that I will track my daily mileage such as driving time, distance, max RPM, average MPH, average MPG, ambient temperature ... so that team Pennzoil will be able to use those data with UOA to interpret the quality of their oil in a high rev engine.

Got mine yesterday. Pennz Plat (non-Ultra), but its free, and I'm very appreciative of free oil and analysis. Thanks Pennz... Sorry bitogers if its all just boasting here, some are going to feel left out. Gloating is probably wrong. It was the luck of the draw, just a lottery pick.

Wondering how many of these SOPUS sent out, and is this just a quality check, like feedback to the factory?

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Sorry bitogers if its all just boasting here, some are going to feel left out. Gloating is probably wrong. It was the luck of the draw, just a lottery pick.
Agreed; my post was to inform others this was available and not boast about getting the kit (I hope it was not taken any other way).

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Sorry bitogers if its all just boasting here, some are going to feel left out. Gloating is probably wrong. It was the luck of the draw, just a lottery pick.
Agreed; my post was to inform others this was available and not boast about getting the kit (I hope it was not taken any other way).

Pennzoil did openly post offers to some. No secret then. Its good, winning a random drawing like this. I'll take the free stuff, I'm not too proud. Hope we and Pennz will benefit from the collective data. Just wondering if Pennz compares these UOA averages to other oils out there???? Blackstone does have Universal Averages per engine type, so maybe as long as Pennz consistently beats that.

And, all I have to do is mention "Purolator tears", and I get a free Fram Ultra in the mail! Ez as pie! (Some will believe that's what happens...)

Last edited:
I also got my kit today, thanks to Gena and the Pennzoil team. Always appreciative of free stuff.. I got the Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30 together with the kit and flyer..

Very nice guys.

I will say that my 2004 Accord with K24A4 is REALLY loving PP 0w-20, ultra smooth running engine, I can't even hear it running.

Great deal ma!!!!! You deserve it. And using it in your new truck I'm guessing??
smile.gif

Very cool. You all deserve it. Exmachina rock on too!! And I'm with ya.. Wouldn't be too proud either. I'd take everyday and twice on Sunday
smile.gif

2 Thumbs up to the Pennzoil team. Sorry to see you sold your F150 - that truck was becoming legendary.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Great deal ma!!!!! You deserve it. And using it in your new truck I'm guessing??
smile.gif

Very cool. You all deserve it. Exmachina rock on too!! And I'm with ya.. Wouldn't be too proud either. I'd take everyday and twice on Sunday
smile.gif

Happy Birthday! Many thanks. No, this will go into my Explorer , which is currently running M1 AFE so it will be a nice comparison. The Powerstroke needs CJ-4 oil (Delvac, Delo, Rotella, etc.).

Originally Posted By: bigt61
2 Thumbs up to the Pennzoil team. Sorry to see you sold your F150 - that truck was becoming legendary.
Thanks man; it was definitely a good run and a good truck, but I have to be honest, I am seriously digging this Powerstroke. It makes the old F-150 feel "destroked".
grin.gif

Thanks man. Turned 40 today. Old.
smile.gif

The Powerstroke sounds AWESOME. A fella had one passed me and he was on it pretty good and it sounded great. I passed him back once we got out onto the highway. But that truck ran hard and true. Good stuff. The Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is very good oil. I've run it in my Nissan. I was very well pleased with it. My dumb Wally world does not carry it. The Walmart 45 mins west does
frown.gif
but hey, there are more diy people near that Wally world so it makes sense.

Hi everyone, thanks for your supportive messages! We’re excited to be able to offer the used oil analysis kits to members of the BITOG community. We know BITOG has a vast community of automotive enthusiasts, and we are doing our best to reach out to different folks and get their take on our newest offerings. We’re going to continue contacting people who are not current Pennzoil users so they have the opportunity to test out how our motor oils stack up against the competition through the end of the year. We figured that giving consumers the opportunity to test the non-Pennzoil oil in their vehicle against our motor oil first hand would give them the reassurance that our products live up to our claims. We look forward to everyone who is participating sharing the results from their used oil analysis with the greater BITOG community! - The Pennzoil Team

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
2015_PSD

How long are you supposed to run the oil before taking a sample?
Nothing was stipulated so I will run it for the full iOLM (until it reached 0%) because I am confident that PUP can easily do that.

I got my kit by sending GenaFishbeck a private message. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want! The shipment unfortunately arrived a few days after I hit 10k miles on my Frontier and changed the oil to maintain 5k OCIs for warranty purposes. I expect the Ultra Platinum 5W-30 I received to go in my engine around late November and will use the last of my Nissan filters with the PUP so the filtration will be held constant.

The program is being promoted as showing the benefit of changing from conventional oil to synthetic. I am currently running 5 quarts of Havoline 5W-30 with 125ml of Liqui Moly 2009 Anti-Friction Oil Treatment and look forward to the results of that UOA as well as the subsequent UOA of the PUP.

How do we know they aren't experimenting on cars with experimental formulas? Nice program and better than coupons, they just send out free oil. I was looking at user oil analyses recently and did not notice a difference between Pennzoil and other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back