URO Parts Excellent Quality 911 Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to share a terrific experience I was lucky to gamble on and win. I needed new tail light lenses on my 87 Porsche 911 Carrera. A friend of mine had just purchased Bosch ones, which looked okay, but at 1/3 the price and 3 thumbs up for quality on Pelican Parts I thought I'd try my luck with the ones from URO Parts.

When I opened the box I really couldn't believe these were only $50 compared to the ones for $150. A $100 savings for each side with as good or better quality than the Bosch ones. I would challenge anyone that looks at these and the Bosch ones to say the Bosch ones are better.

Here's a pic of them installed on my car...
2015-04-19.jpg

If anyone of you are in need of some new lenses I would see if URO Parts makes them before spending your hard earned dollars. I heard from my friend that they're in the process of making the front lenses too so I'll have to pick up a set of those when they're available.

For a lens, maybe... But URO can also have questionable stuff and poor rubber parts.

Is there a sign of it being a real part with the OEM symbol ground off? I encountered that on my E30 BMW.

looks fine assuming the optics are right...

URO had a terrible reputation for suspension parts such as control arms, see matthewsvolvosite for comments, but I bought a turn signal assembly last year and was impressed with the quality and price.

Your lenses look great. I've had two very good experiences with URO parts from Rock Auto (dipstick tube and washer fluid sensor) for my VW.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
looks fine assuming the optics are right...

I hadn't seen that uro parts video before, but it definitely shows the quality of the optics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back