Shine springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a VW B5 wagon with a "Shine" front suspension. I do not know what that really means, but I think they are coilovers but I am not certain. They have Bilstein HD's. The rear also has Bilsteins but the springs are stock.
I've been trying to find out how to get in touch with Mr. Shine. Does anyone know how to get in touch with him?
I do not know if the front suspension is adjustable in the Shine set up as far as B5's go. The car is a daily driver and is never tracked/raced/etc. I drive it to and from work only, and these are all highway miles. The ride is very stiff. The front is definitely lowered. The rear is still at stock ride height and as such the car stands looking funny.
There may be issues with steering effort and I was advised to check in on that as it might cause premature wear of the control arms as the suspension geometry has changed. If these are adjustable, would raising the ride height and realigning improve the steer feel? If it won't, and I want to make the car appear more "level", what springs should I put in the rear? I've heard Eibach might work but need some feedback to make sure I'm not opening a can of worms.
The original front suspension is gone, by the way. Thanks. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Shine sells springs, but they're not coilovers and not adjustable. At least what I've seen. I had Shine springs and rollbar on my old Jetta. Good stuff. Kind of strange that someone would have just done the front, though. That would lead to a weird handling car, IMHO.

No idea how to get ahold of Shine, sorry.

robert

There shop number may be: (508) 660-7974

I had a Shine Real Street Suspension on my old MK4 Golf... that was a blast to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back