Citgo SuperGard 5W-20, 4786 mi, 02 Honda Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

e40

I am also going to post the transmission UOA in the Trans Fluid section.

This oil was in service for about 1 year, no make up oil added.

odyssey-engine-230k.jpg

In an engine that old, I'd recommend going to a 0w-30 or 5w-30, even though it was originally spec'ed for 5w-20. Maybe it will get the iron number down. Iron wasn't awful here, yet Honda or Toyota engines many times show very low rates of accumulation.
Edit: Never mind, I see u have a lot of 20 oil in your stash signature.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ExMachina
In an engine that old, I'd recommend going to a 0w-30 or 5w-30, even though it was originally spec'ed for 5w-20.

In Arizona, Florida, Texas, sure. In Wisconsin with the winter approaching?

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
In an engine that old, I'd recommend going to a 0w-30 or 5w-30, even though it was originally spec'ed for 5w-20.

5w20 will be fine. Especially when we start getting down into 20 degrees and lower. Which in Wisconsin could be tomorrow lol

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

5w20 will be fine. Especially when we start getting down into 20 degrees and lower. Which in Wisconsin could be tomorrow lol

Forcast low for Waunakee is 43F Friday night!

Keep doing what you're doing. Looks like you've found a perfect low cost oil for your old Honda. No make up oil and low wear #'s mean a bump to 5W-30 is not necessary IMO. Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back