Dealer cost for a Certified Used vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You should have told the sale manager and finance guy about this shady tactic. They lost you as a customer forever.

I don't mind paying $30-50 documentation fee, but this example is clearly unacceptable.

Believe me, I did. When I returned home the SM had sent me an email offering me the car at a price within $500 of my final offer- telling me that they would drive the car down to me and pick up my trade- I replied that I was no longer interested in the car and explained that my wife and I thought that their tactics were dishonest and that we would never deal with them again. I also rated the dealership at a couple of consumer sites.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
You should have told the sale manager and finance guy about this shady tactic. They lost you as a customer forever.

Believe me, I did. When I returned home the SM had sent me an email offering me the car at a price within $500 of my final offer- telling me that they would drive the car down to me and pick up my trade- I replied that I was no longer interested in the car and explained that my wife and I thought that their tactics were dishonest and that we would never deal with them again. I also rated the dealership at a couple of consumer sites.

You did right, I'm totally agree with your decision.

If I was in your shoes, even if the dealer offered $500-1000 less than your final offer I would decline and don't want to deal with them ever.

I'm truly hate dishonest/cheating dealer.

If I was in your shoes, even if the dealer offered $500-1000 less than your final offer I would decline and don't want to deal with them ever.

Great minds think alike; I was through dealing with those clowns- no matter what they might have offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back