BITOG Favorite Cigarettes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dc437a92bd9de4d787c3cc7a229273ed.jpg

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I have no need for tobacco products. If I'm ever bored with five minutes to kill, I go find two pieces of scrap sheet metal, drill 1/8" holes through both layers, then fasten them together. I not only have healthy lungs, but you should see my hand muscles!

My hand and arm muscles are nice and strong too, but for other reasons.. but you are right! I don't smoke either though some handy mech I always see with a cigarette hanging off their lip. No hands even, sometimes.

Even around pails of gasoline to where it fell in and smodered out. Not the brightest I see.

But who smokes what, lol. And what do they cost by you..

When I was up in Missouri for a number of years I preferred "Old Gold" they where pretty cheap too which was a added bonus.

I quit smoking back two years ago when I got pneumonia. I slowly felt like I was suffocating for a good week.

I quit for 7 months and bought a pack smoked one and then threw the rest away. A buddy gave me a can of "General Mint" snus and I've been using that since. Not happy about it now but at least I have smoked for a year and a half. Its also considerably cheaper 2 cans ($2.50 ea) lasts me a week.

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio

Even around pails of gasoline to where it fell in and smodered out. Not the brightest I see.

Don't try this, but they say liquid gasoline will snuff a match. It's the vapors that catch.

If you can find a way to get away from the cigarettes for two weeks, you will totally lose your desire for them and will actually find them repulsive when if you walk by somebody who's smoking.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
People still smoke with all the knowledge we have these days?

In moderation does it kill you? Eg one to two per day?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If you can find a way to get away from the cigarettes for two weeks, you will totally lose your desire for them and will actually find them repulsive when if you walk by somebody who's smoking.

Last time I quit the desire was there for over 8 months just like day one.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
People still smoke with all the knowledge we have these days?

About 20% of Americans still smoke at least a few a day. I quit on March 15,1997 and have not had one since. Although I used one as a punk for fireworks about 10 years ago. Really had no desire to take a puff. I have a neighbor with COPD can barely walk 50 feet without gasping, but downs 2-3 packs a day. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Last time I quit the desire was there for over 8 months just like day one.

I guess it takes a combination of radiation treatment and chemotherapy to help quell the addiction.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I remember cigarette vending machines in the 1980's.
I remember those as well! They banned them here because minors used to buy ciggs from them.

LSMFT! Real Lucky Strikes are good smokes, but they are almost cigar like in as much as you just can't go torquing them down day in day out.

Fairly certain that most people know that tobacco use is unhealthy already, so probably not necessary to remind anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back