ATTN: Toronto Area BITOGer's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure where to put this information but I wanted to pass it on because this event is going to be pretty awesome:

The Toronto Chapter of the STLE will be hosting their annual education day in october. This is always a great event, however this year there is a focus on specifics about formulations, presented by some industry experts many of whom work in the Toronto region.

Quote:
Toronto Section Education Seminar

"Advances in lubricant formulations and how they affect the bottom line"

October 28th, 2015
Starts at 8am

Radisson Toronto East,
55 Hallcrown Place
Toronto (401 & Victoria Park)

Overview of Course:

1) A review of the basics of Tribology as it relates to base oils and additives. Speaker Jim Arner, Consultant.

2) Discussion of laboratory testing methods of these formulations. Speaker Wayne Mackwood, Chemtura Corporation.

3) Hydraulic Oil Formulations. Speaker Lorne Brock, Consultant.

4) Gear Oil Formulations. Speaker Paul Sampson. Lubrizol Canada.

5) Grease Formulations.

6) Heavy Duty Engine Oil Formulations. Speaker Lorne Brock, Consultant.

If you are from the southern ontario region and are interested in attending please PM me and I will give you further details. Not only will this be a great opportunity to learn more about different approaches to formulating, but it may also be a good opportunity if you know someone who is interested in the field of Tribology but doesn't know where or how to get started (ideal for students!)

I should also mention that it is open to the public, you don't have to be an STLE member or work in the industry to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back