Steering / suspension knock....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed this behavior twice. When driving over uneven surfaces WITH the steering wheel turned I have heard a single "knock" from what seems to be the steering in the Accord. Today I was pulling out of the drive way to move the Accord into the grass out front (this would be the uneven surface I was mentioning) and I heard and felt a slight knock from the steering. Is this normal behavior? Or is something out of whack. Have any of you ever observed such a thing in your car?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Updated lower ball joints should fix it. TSB # A12-082

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/51-8th...2/topics/209418

Hmm, I don't ever get a clunk when driving away from a stop, or in any other situation either. Its only when turning and when going over uneven surfaces....and I feel it in the steering wheel, or so it seems. Could that still be ball joints?

Is it possible to have the wheel turned "just right" and hit an uneven surface "just right" and cause this? and it still be normal and ok? Because it doesn't happen all the time.

I have felt this in other cars as well, namely my fathers Silverado but that was only when the steering what turned all the way to the lock position. I have felt a clunk in my GF Jetta as well. I am hoping its just a little bit of play in something and is considered normal operation. If it was a ball joint issue would it present itself more often?

It's hard to say - if you really want to chase down the issue yourself, I would buy a set of Chassis Ears.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
It's hard to say - if you really want to chase down the issue yourself, I would buy a set of Chassis Ears.

My chassis ears are awesome. I have the Matco wireless ones and they were the only way I could pinpoint noises my 98 Mustang was having due to the loud exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back