Pike's Peak - The View From the Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
We visited Pike's Peak for Labor Day weekend and I thought that I would share a few of the photos taken with my Samsung S6:

WdcD3T.jpg

HlmQlT.jpg

4vWEtt.jpg

eygVbT.jpg

bxZ34G.jpg

D2zuYO.jpg

p0cnGI.jpg

rkiE3Q.jpg

9D8rgB.jpg

g5lipB.jpg

VHwIv9.jpg

PoapNu.jpg

08xgq7.jpg

7DGEBz.jpg

HTrY30.jpg

hi01Ju.jpg

Kj09Es.jpg

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting them. Reminds me of the time several years ago when I drove the family up in the van, before it was paved all the way up.

My brother took the hard route up a few years later and probably didn't take much time to enjoy the view. He did the trail up/down marathon there.

Nice to see those pictures. We had been up to the top in 2012 and were chased off the mountain by the Waldo Canyon fire.

If you live in that general area, take a trip to Mt. Evans some time. The view is absolutely beautiful and the mountain goats are practically tame.

Was up there, once, back in the 90s...time to go again! Have to take the Cog this time, drove it last time.

That's a really clear day. I was up there in July and the haze was bad, ruined the pics.

Originally Posted By: loneryder
That's a really clear day. I was up there in July and the haze was bad, ruined the pics.

It was smoke from the wildfires....

Looks better than when we were up there in June! It was a muddy and snow.. with alot of clouds. Hailed shortly after we departed. Did you try the doughnuts?

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Looks better than when we were up there in June! It was a muddy and snow.. with alot of clouds. Hailed shortly after we departed. Did you try the doughnuts?
Yes; they were good and terrible at the same time. Tasted like a cake donut, but loaded with grease. I took one bite and tossed it, but I suppose that is par for the course with "tourist trap" food.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back