Retired 2010 F150 FX4 Replaced With 2015 F250 FX4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said goodbye to my trusty 2010 FX4 today; it has 158,000 miles on it and has been a great truck with minimal issues. We have been considering upgrading our travel trailer and the new one will exceed the limits of the F150 so I took advantage of the 0% interest deal that Ford had going (which expires today) and bought a new ride. Some dealer options yet to be installed (FX4 decals, spray-in bed liner, fiberglass bed cover, and tinted windows), but thus far I am loving it! Obligatory questions to follow in the Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) oil section (no PCMO for this one!).

BQ4vvC.jpg

vbZ8EJ.jpg

1unykA.jpg

0b3IUG.jpg

Nice looking truck! 6 1/2 foot bed right? What's the wheelbase on that compared to your F150?

And...how about some INterior pics?

Last edited:
Nice truck! Will you remove the "Platinum" lettering to put the FX4 decals on? I'm having a hard time picturing both on there.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Nice looking truck! 6 1/2 foot bed right? What's the wheelbase on that compared to your F150?
Many thanks! It is 156" versus 145" for the F150. I wanted a longer bed too and this one is 1 foot longer and since I am getting a fiberglass cover versus the Retrax I had in the F150, I will not lose any space in the bed because of the Retrax.

Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
Nice truck! Will you remove the "Platinum" lettering to put the FX4 decals on? I'm having a hard time picturing both on there.
No; the other trucks on the lot had both. I teetered on just taking a credit on them, but I guess I will have them installed.

Woo hoo !!!F.A.N.C.Y ,,, your old truck was just broken in an well taken care of !!!

Originally Posted By: wemay
Nice T R U C K.

Congrats 2010_FX4. I hope it serves you well.

Hey does this mean you'll be asking for a name change?

Nice T R U C K. Congrats 2010_FX4. I hope it serves you well.
Hey does this mean you'll be asking for a name change?
LOL - I thought about it, but it just would not be the same or would it?

And...how about some INterior pics?
I will grab some tomorrow and post them here.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Woo hoo !!!F.A.N.C.Y ,,, your old truck was just broken in an well taken care of !!!
Thanks CT--believe it or not, the UOA records that I kept gave me an extra $1500 on the trade-in. I was very happy about that.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
BEAUTIFUL!
thumbsup2.gif
Great truck and I'm sure it will serve you well sir!
Thanks Overkill!

Nice T R U C K. Congrats 2010_FX4. I hope it serves you well.
Thanks Wemay!

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Very nice. But really you should drive a Prius....
smile.gif
j/k!
Thanks! LOL - maybe I should get one for a commuter vehicle. It would make a funny photo to attempt to connect the fifth wheel to it
grin.gif

I have no experience with PU, never owned one. But of all PU's I think Ford F-series is better looking than others.

Yours is looking great, but you need to keep it clean of dirt otherwise it is not very pleasant.

She's a beauty
thumbsup2.gif
. Maybe I missed it but what engine does she have in it. And does it have the aluminum body or is it only the F-150's that have the aluminum body. Good luck with it, though you've done well by your Ford trucks. Oh, love the palm trees, you lucky son of a gun
smile.gif
. Snow here in 2 months
cry.gif

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back