Dog-gone has my bike ever depreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Blue Book for bikes basically says my bike *on trade-in* is worth about half what I paid for it.... only two years (and 20,000 miles) later. I have ridden it though, no garage queen. I put miles on whenever I can. Oh well, trade-in always sooks.

It only matters if you're going to sell it.
smile.gif

I was under the Impression Ducati's kept excellent resale value? perhaps the 20k miles is killing the value?

Commonwealth motorcycles in Louisville, Ky has a couple of MV Agusta F3's on sale right now. I'm so tempted to go pick one of those up. My next bike will be italian. Either the MV F3 or Ducati 899 Pani.

Couple years back I sold a 06 zx-14 with 30k on it. Most responders to the ad commented it was worn out without even seeing it??? It was well taken care of and just barely broken in IMO.

Only thing I can fathom is the perception all sport bike owners beat the kripes out of them then dump the messed up bike on someone else. And these days there just aren't many that can listen to an engine and tell it is not bad like people used to be able.

At least you got a quote... I typed in 1994 RVF750 RC45 and only got a message...

"Currently we do not have pricing for this model. Please check back because we add new data frequently."

That's where I bought my Duc. They are a pretty great place, service dept is very good.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
I was under the Impression Ducati's kept excellent resale value? perhaps the 20k miles is killing the value?

Commonwealth motorcycles in Louisville, Ky has a couple of MV Agusta F3's on sale right now. I'm so tempted to go pick one of those up. My next bike will be italian. Either the MV F3 or Ducati 899 Pani.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
That's where I bought my Duc. They are a pretty great place, service dept is very good.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

I've talked off an on with Tony Kutz over there and he seems like a great guy. Very flexible on pricing as well. I may bite the bullet come winter if the 675 demo F3 is still around and i can work him down a few hundred more on the OTD price, or bargain in a couple services.

My problem is I hate debt, so Im wanting to do a cash deal, unless MV or DUC throws out a ridiculously low rate and it makes sense to use the banks money. We will see how bad the itch gets.

Last edited:
Tony is the Man, he gave me a good deal on my Multistrada, as fair as possible considering it was a seller's market on 2013's at the time. 2013's had just started shipping from Italy and demand was high. And Chad and Winston in service are probably two of the best techs in the country when it comes to service.

Don't feel bad, my 2005 SV1000s, in absolutely perfect, showroom condition, with less than 18K miles on it, is worth $900 trade-in.

Why even bother?

I can get that much off (and more) a brand new bike without a trade-in, give the "trade-in" to my brother and come out ahead financially.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Don't feel bad, my 2005 SV1000s, in absolutely perfect, showroom condition, with less than 18K miles on it, is worth $900 trade-in.

Why even bother?

I can get that much off (and more) a brand new bike without a trade-in, give the "trade-in" to my brother and come out ahead financially.

C'mon now, you been smoking swamp weed ? that is crazy $900 for that bike.

Why even bother?

At KBB for your bike, I get a $2525.00 trade-in in good condition, and $3700.00 retail, in excellent condition.

Don't get ripped off.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

Why even bother?

At KBB for your bike, I get a $2525.00 trade-in in good condition, and $3700.00 retail, in excellent condition.

Don't get ripped off.

Yeah, I tried telling that to the local dealer. He told me $900. Clearly, they have no reason to want this bike. I'd also guess they get plenty of customers who take such deals.

From their point of view, I guess it's worth it to behave this way. They just don't have me as a customer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastGame

C'mon now, you been smoking swamp weed ? that is crazy $900 for that bike.

Not me. But the local dealer, well that's another question.

Out of curiosity from this thread, I was shocked to learn the NADA 'good' value for my old 1995 Harley Electra Glide FLHTCU with 30,000 miles is $8,415. The NADA 'excellent' value is $12,995. The folks at NADA are the ones smoking swamp weed'!

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Out of curiosity from this thread, I was shocked to learn the NADA 'good' value for my old 1995 Harley Electra Glide FLHTCU with 30,000 miles is $8,415. The NADA 'excellent' value is $12,995. The folks at NADA are the ones smoking swamp weed'!

Originally Posted By: steveh
20 years ago I bought a 1985 Honda V65 Sabre for $2,000. I just checked the NADA it says $3,400.

My 81 KZ 1000 and Concours 14 are insured for replacement value, the insurance company told me they use NADA for the price. KZ= $3,675 and C-14= $7,450 if they get totaled tomorrow.

I'll check NADA on my Ducati, didn't know National Auto Dealers Association published motorcycle values, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back