Slingshot for home defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a cool shooter for sure, nice and quite.
Ask Goliath about those head shots with slow and heavy projectiles .

An 8 year old could have thrown a brick at the test and would have performed better than all of them.

Interesting, but I will stick to my 12 gauge.

The sound of a Winchester pump being charged is a lot more low life deterring than saying "stop, I've got a sling shot".

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The sound of a Winchester pump being charged is a lot more low life deterring than saying "stop, I've got a sling shot".

That is so funny, but the truth.

I once had to confront a burglar with my 12ga 870, racked it from about 6 ft, he froze and waited politely for the police to take him off for a fun filled stay in the county slammer.
I don't thing the sling shot would have been the weapon of choice .

Last edited:
I don't need home defense. Where do you live? I would move if I needed a weapon for home or self protection. Or Id go to a psychotherapist for my paranoid tendencies ...

That rant out of the way, Ive dreamt about crossbows and spearguns
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I would move if I needed a weapon for home or self protection.

And tell us, just where would that uber safe utopia be??
+1 Too many helpless souls waiting to become victims.

A slingshot is a phenomenal offensive tool, but defence, not so much. Key to defence is quick access to devastating power. Heard of a stor in my home town killing people with bearing balls iut of a slinshot.

To clarify, I wasn't seriously asking about its viability, I just wanted an attention grabbing title so people would read see e video..

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Can you legally own any sort of gun in England?

With the exception of full automatics and rpg's/grenade launchers, you can have pretty much whatever you can show that you need.

Originally Posted By: Olas
With the exception of full automatics and rpg's/grenade launchers, you can have pretty much whatever you can show that you need.

Which speaks volumes of course. You don't have a right to own them, do you?

What about if you don't have a need or don't wish to share the need with anyone? What if someone doesn't agree that your need meets their standard for "need"?

.........you can have pretty much whatever you can show that you need.

Good God is that ever a loaded deal. "Show that you need"??? Show to who? Establish what "need" to who? This is like one figure skater being judged better than another. Too much in play with personalities. Who would you rather have to show a "need" to for owning a gun? Sarah Palin or Barak Obama?

To clarify, I wasn't seriously asking about its viability, I just wanted an attention grabbing title so people would read see e video..

Since it's up to the person to show the need why are you excluding full auto/etc? Just use the need test to make the determination.

Originally Posted By: billt460
.........you can have pretty much whatever you can show that you need.

Good God is that ever a loaded deal. "Show that you need"??? Show to who? Establish what "need" to who? This is like one figure skater being judged better than another. Too much in play with personalities. Who would you rather have to show a "need" to for owning a gun? Sarah Palin or Barak Obama?

Sorry, I think you may have taken it out of context. A member of a clay pigeon shooting club has a legitimate need for a shotgun. A farmer/gamekeeper/landowner may need a centrefire for fox or deer etc. vets in certain areas need handguns.
A drug addict in a city centre has no justifiable need for a firearm. But there may be other people in that same city centre whose job/hobby/olympic athlete status etc gives them an entirely reasonable need to own a firearm.

The 'who' part of your question is the firearms licensing officer of your local police force.

Originally Posted By: hatt

Since it's up to the person to show the need why are you excluding full auto/etc? Just use the need test to make the determination.

I agree with you fully but the law says no full auto outside the army/police.

Self defense sounds like a reasonable need to me. Just as reasonable as a shooting club. Guns for everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back