2004 Lexus RX330 - 200K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit 200K on our 2004 Lexus RX330; purchased new in November 2003.

Used a mix of 4 quarts Pennzoil conventional (switched to high mileage around 90K) and 1 quart of Pennzoil synthetic with a change interval of every 5,000 miles. Despite additives not being very popular, have used 4 ounces of Tufoil (periodically). Initially used Toyota filters and switched to Fram Ultra a few years ago; change every other oil change. Gas at SAM's club with 85 octane (live in Colorado). Solid/very reliable SUV.

lexus-200k-sep2015_zpsksl1fzno.png

I really like hearing about well-maintained high mileage cars. Congrats!

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I really like hearing about well-maintained high mileage cars. Congrats!

Thanks! Always amazed at how little it takes to keep the RX on the road. From a historical perspective, her 88 Camry went a little over 350K until its demise -- it was tired -- so the wife wants to beat that mileage with her RX ... we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very nice !! Clean and looks fantastic. I would bet that badboy will get past 300k with no problems
smile.gif
I see many of these on the roads near me here in Williamsburg. Good reason is that they are so reliable.
Also, I like the stone work on the house and garage. Always looks great in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I've always liked the looks / styling of this Lexus. Another 200K miles would not surprise me.

Hope so ... have an awesome independent that takes care of it and even if something pricey comes along, the total usually equates to a few car payments, so hope to keep it a long, long time. Thanks all!

What have you done maintenance-wise to the transmission? My wife has a 2014 GX460 that has 27k on it. I'd like to keep it til 200k but she will want something different before that. Maybe we will keep it as a backup.

Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
What have you done maintenance-wise to the transmission? My wife has a 2014 GX460 that has 27k on it. I'd like to keep it til 200k but she will want something different before that. Maybe we will keep it as a backup.

Fluid exchanges every 30K with Toyota Type IV fluid. Nothing else.

I changed the timing belt at 125k and the original ones were like new very little wear. They can be extended to 150k easily.

Congrats, Lexus used to build great cars, I cannot say the same holds good today, I already have had front bearing replaced on my ES350 unde warranty.

But having said that they still do make excellent vehicles and they have tremendous brand loyalty.

American auto makers will change names like they change spouses every few years, there is no name loyaly whatdiever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back