Hapco Tri-Seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any experience with this product? Saw it sitting on the counter at a local Napa, but never heard of it before; claims to be the cats meow of seal conditioners. I have two potential candidates for use but I don't exactly want to sacrifice either.

1996 Mustang GT 4.6L approx 130,000 miles with a wicked rear main and possible pan gasket leak. Don't care if it leaks, doesn't need much make up oil but seems to be getting into the clutch-flywheel.
2001 Olds Aurora 3.5L approx 150,000 miles. Burns a TON of oil, no improvement with HM oil, HDEO or Kano Kreen treatments. Have heard the "balancer shaft seal" is a known culprit.

Anyways, not expecting a miracle in a can, but if it has worked for others (or caused catastrophic failure!) I'd be interested in hear.

Contacted the company over the weekend and received their reply today. I specifically asked if this is an ester based seal conditioner and it seems they replied no, but the very simple description offered sure sounds like it... Any thoughts?

Originally Posted By: carla from Hapco Products

Hi ,
TriSeal works differently than other products. We do not use a swelling agent in our products. We use lubricants, which lubricate the seals (as they often become dimpled or warped which causes leaks).
TriSeal is guaranteed to work or you get your money back. It works much better than products that swell up the seals.
I can tell you that I have used TriSeal in my own transmission to seal a leak. It took about 3 weeks of driving (I don't do a lot of driving on a regular basis) to seal my leak. The leak slowed down during the 3 weeks and then stopped. I now use TriSeal in my transmission and oil to protect the seals from future leaks.

In order to use the guarantee, you must keep the bottle and take it back to the store where you purchased it.

I have been with the company for 3 years, but tried TriSeal for a leak myself for the first time last year. I still have no leak!
smile.gif

I hope this helps
smile.gif

Carla @ Hapco Products

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Tri Seal Question
Date: Mon, October 12, 2015 1:33 pm
To: [email protected]

Hi, I recently saw Tri-Seal on display at a local Napa and was curious about it since I have a rear main leak on my 4.6L Mustang that just isn't on the agenda to repair. I'm a bit of an car nerd so I'm emailing to ask about the technical features of this product. I'm assuming it uses mainly ester as the seal sweller but does it include any other type of ingredients such as solids or polymerizing agents? I'm historically very hesitant to use any type of oil additives but since I know I will not be fixing this leak I am considering trying this out.

How does it compare to something like Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver or the Bar's Leak Rear Main Seal products?

Thanks,
-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back