Additives XII-Multifunctional additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but this thread needs bumped. Excellent information. I thought calcium and boron were Anti-friction adds!
shocked2.gif

As a multi-functional additive, they can also serve as secondary AW adds. ZDDP would be the primary AW additive.

Calcium, sodium, magnesium, and potassium detergents also increase the TBN of an oil; Boron somewhat.

Last edited:
Nice reference Gary, thanks
55.gif

Quote:
would love to learn since this is new to me. where is this quoted?

My comment's source was based on a University textbook from a group of French and Belgium authors (translated into English) from about 1998. This text emphasizes lubricant VIIs and blending rules for the lubricant chemist and tribologist.

True. We can add Titanium DTC and Tugsten nitroxides as additional Anti-wear/Anti-Oxidant multi-functionals.

You can also add the purely organic and new veggy-based Friction Modifiers as well.

MolaKule,

I just found out about this forum as I was researching for information on lube additives.

I'm working on some additives such as VII and hopefully able to make VIIs. I'm also looking for makers of additive packages in the States that can work together with me here in Asia.

Could you help?

Thanks,
Bill

Quote:
I'm working on some additives such as VII and hopefully able to make VIIs. I'm also looking for makers of additive packages in the States that can work together with me here in Asia.

Send me a PM Chembill.

Mola

hey mola

if fuel dilution "dilutes" the viscosity of m.oil.

what happens when you add PEA in the fuel?

because i read it actually ups the viscosity.

retard fuel dilution in the M.oil ?

Hey vo,

Quote:
viscosity of m.oil.

I don't see how this question is relevant to commercial oil additives.

PEA is pimarily a cleaner added to fuel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Hey vo,

Quote:
viscosity of m.oil.

it isnt

its an "accidental" additive

Originally Posted By: vo_marz
Hey vo,
Quote:
viscosity of m.oil.

it isnt

What is the proof of this... and is it true that there are other accidental additives in fuel too ?

Techron, Valvoline, etc. (and Porsche) tell you not to use more than 5 PEA treatments in an OCI.

Originally Posted By: vo_marz
Hey vo,

Quote:
viscosity of m.oil.

it isnt

Just trying to keep the topic of the chemistry of commercial oil additives on topic, but if someone wants to write up a paper on the influence of fuel additives in oil, or start a different thread then so be it.

Bump for the Newbies wanting to know more about additives.

Hello, Molakule !

Have you finished that patent I brought to the board about adding PEA to the engine oil as multifunction additive? Dispersant, anticorrosion etc...

I finished it a long time ago and answered you in another thread. Apparently you couldn't understand the response at that time as well.

I don't think you quite get the fact that there are variations in chemistries for different applications and that includes PEA's.

So what is your point and why bring up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back