Getting parts has become a major deal.just ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142

Thanks. I was looking to see if you had any NAPA distribution centers in your area. Looks like you only have 3 franchise stores. The distribution centers run a fleet of delivery trucks.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Is your shop the only one in the area that needs that level of service? Or does the closing of the auto supply company have the same impact on other automotive repair facilities in your area? Did the auto supply company close because of a business related failure or someone who simply wanted to retire and get out of the business?

A problem like that could be a potential business opportunity.
Pretty much everybody pulled parts from them. A-Zone,Napa other shops etc. They were losing $$$ and shut the doors suddenly

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Chris- you said you had to call several different parts stores to get what you needed... don't they offer online ordering? Heck, even the middle of Iowa and as a small shop, we have online ordering with a NAPA, O'Reilly, a regional parts house, ATD, U.S. Auto Force, and several AG related parts sources. All show stock on hand and also where additional stock is located.
We have that too but it just faster for me to call. Takes a few seconds vs a few minutes to do it electronically from my phone.

Our additional stock is in Moreno valley. A few hrs away. They bring parts to Oriley,Azone and napa every morning @10:30am. If we order something after the truck leaves then its next day. People must go find a motel

I know what you mean Chris. Most of the time our local Napa is very reliable, but delivery times are poor. AAP used to have the best delivery times of the bunch, but now it's not uncommon to wait an hour for parts, hence why we use them very little. O'Reilly's has the best delivery times. Our shop is dead in the middle of two cities, one a small, but growing town, the other an intermediate sized city. Five miles to either's city limits. It's annoying to have to order parts for one car from two, sometimes three different stores. Do you have the option to stock your own parts in house from a distributor? We have a company out of Birmingham that could keep us in stock, if dad chose to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back