Tohatsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad had a 1998 year model 90hp Tohatsu, bought brand new and installed on a 1996 G3 hull, needless to say, its been [censored] near bulletproof the last 17 years, has never had any work done to it and he sold it to one of my friends a while back and its still running strong. Im looking to buy a boat pretty soon and I cant decide between an Etec or a Tohatsu, Im leaning more towards a Tohatsu. My question is, how hard would it be to import a motor from overseas, one they sell in the Caribbean but not here due to emissions laws? And would it even be worth it due to the cost? Looking at a 40 hp Tohatsu Everrun 2 stroke, commercial grade outboard. If i go with a 4 stroke itll be either Honda or Suzuki, my dad had a 225 4 stroke when they first came out 14 or 15 years ago and now has a 200hp 4 cylinder, no problems out of either but i want to try something different. And i figured the Everrun Tohatsu would be better as its all saltwater where I live.

Last edited:
Importing one would be easy if you have a boat down their and simply put it on board when you came back. That's what my buddy did last year with his 15hp Yamaha 2 stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back