Is M1 0W40 Still the King of Euro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed Exxon/Mobil recently updated their MSDS on M1 0W40 (Aug. 21 2015), and I can't recall the older sheet. Can someone chime in as in what changes are made?

thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Yes. Unbeatable price and availability.

Odd, I read in another thread 'what you pay is what you get' so it must be deficient in some aspect... j/k.

Last edited:

I would say that Castrol 0w-40 matches it both in price and availability.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Not with M1's current $15 rebate
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

+1, if you can find the stuff with -76 pour point.

Other than absolute coldest weather behaviors, it seems that the M1 and Castrol 0w-40 and pennzoil platinum 5w-40 are all in the same ballpark.

I doubt they changed much (if anything at all). Perhaps they had to simply update the MSDS with an updated license date/# or something and not necessarily a formula change.

I haven't been around here for very long and I have not been a Mobil 1 user since the early 70's (living in North Dakota makes you an honorary Canadian and pour points occasionally really mean something).

But it has be said that the UOA's I've seen on Mobil 1 are hard to refute or outperform. Which may be why Pennzoil GTL leans so heavily on the cleanliness angle as the preferred method of differentiation. That is a very valid thing to do and I for one find it persuasive.

But M1, pretty darn good, I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
But it has be said that the UOA's I've seen on Mobil 1 are hard to refute or outperform.

But, but... the iron.
smile.gif

Unbeatable price not in OZ. $95 AUD for 5 L.

Other oil with relevant vehicle OEM approval are better value.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
No, Amsoil still is.

Pfffffft. Overpriced and no real world gain using it. Castrol euro and m1 euro can be had for under 30 a jug and carry real world approvals,not meets or exceeds.
Amsoil is a good product but only a fool pays those kinds of prices for a product when a certified product can be had for cheaper.

Originally Posted By: cronk
Its good stuff for sure, really would like to see a Voa of the new Amsoil 0w40 Euro thought...

And exactly what will a voa tell you. Absolutely nothing unless you've got a used oil analysis to compare it against.
A voa cannot see organic adds and therefore only tell part of the story.what good is a partial list?
Pointless

These are great times with high quality, inexpensive synthetic oils of various brands at Walmart.

Watch the sales at the auto parts stores and other retailers and you can do even better.

There is a lot of quality out there in those bottles.

Boutique oil without the boutique prices.

No, Amsoil still is.

If I used Amsoil instead of M1 0W-40 in my BMW, what benefit would I obtain?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
No, Amsoil still is.

If I used Amsoil instead of M1 0W-40 in my BMW, what benefit would I obtain?

Lighter wallet.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
No, Amsoil still is.

If you used Amsoil instead of M1 0W-40 in my BMW, what benefit would I obtain?

If you used it to its full potential, you could potentially get a really long oci out of it.
That being said I could care aless if you use it or not
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back