Advance Auto Bought Carquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

I believe Carquest Filters were made by WIX. The filter price is just under 4 bucks at Advance Auto. Don't know it they will continue to have the Carquest Label on them.

Old news. As bdcardinal said, they wanted Worldpac.

Wix no longer makes the CQ house brand filters. They switched suppliers during the AAP takeover, so they are now made by Fram/Champion.

They also closed most corporate-owned Carquest stores or converted them to AAP's. Most of the franchised Carquests remain.

AAP is also using the CQ name as their house brand now. For example, their brake parts are now called Carquest Wearever.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Yup old news. They wanted to get their hands on WorldPac. AutoZone also bought IMC.

I'm sure A-Zone has buyers remorse and vomits everyday on why they bought this company.

I was in Indianapolis last weekend and saw a Carquest for the first time.
27.gif

Now I am waiting on the Driveworks filter to be Champ made.

Last edited:
I get a lot of car parts from Auto Parts International. They reside in the warehouse next to me. Awesome pricing! The neighbor deal.
They were bought by AA too. So far so good is what the manager says.

I use Car quest blue filters all the time. Glad to see the quality of the filter.

AAP is not a bad company are they?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 06AllAmerican
AAP is not a bad company are they?

No they are fairly good. FYI, they are a Virginia company out of Roanoke. The biggest complaint is that they try to be the lower pricepoint option which means on some things they are shaving pennies in places. Not bad for a lot of things, not "optimal" on others.

Yup old news. They wanted to get their hands on WorldPac. AutoZone also bought IMC.

Does this mean we'll get all the good OEM brands and or Beck Arnley parts at AAP now?

I hear nothing but good about WorldPac, but they don't sell to the public unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Does this mean we'll get all the good OEM brands and or Beck Arnley parts at AAP now?

I hear nothing but good about WorldPac, but they don't sell to the public unfortunately.

Former AAP store manager here. Yes, they can search the WorldPac catalog for you, but buyer beware - as a retail customer, you will be paying top dollar, and they will have to special order it - sometimes same day, usually next day delivery, from the local Worldpac warehouse location. Better off buying online. Even before the merger we stocked Beck-Arnley parts (BA is nothing more than a parts store box brand, BMW Bremi coils were in BA boxes, lots of OE or OEM parts by various manufacturers in BA boxes in the parts stores).

AAP is an OK company. As others said, some decent parts, some junk. I'm still unconvinced on their brake pads. They treat their store employees (and managers) like peasants though, and they pay the non-management employee's like peasants as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back