10w30 certified oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I researched the certifed motor oil brand at Sam's club. I found that the 5w20 is made by Warren petroleum and the 10w30 and 5w30s are sopus. I compared the pqia voa of the 5w30 to the other soups brands and concluded that I believe certified 30 weight oils are probably resbottled formula shell. I also confirmed by the barcode # on the quart bottles i bought, that it is a sopus product. The case of 12 quarts just cost $24.
Anyway my initial intent with this post was that they only had 10w30 in stock so I bought it and am using it in my 08 Ford 2.3 motor and I think I'm loving it. My car specs 5w20. But the 10w30 makes it just purr like s kitten and run smooth. I never believed that a different grade of oil would ever make a noticeable difference but the 10w30 has proved different. I wasn't even expecting or even monitoring for any kinda difference. It's just so obvious I can't help but notice. So now I'm sold on 10w30. Almost never gets near freezing where I live so I can use it year round.
grin.gif

I've often wondered about this oil when seeing it at Sam's. So the 10W30 is indeed made by SOPUS. Good to know. Thanks for the info
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
I've often wondered about this oil when seeing it at Sam's. So the 10W30 is indeed made by SOPUS. Good to know. Thanks for the info
thumbsup2.gif

Why sure, and if y'all ever wanna know who makes anything sold at Walmart or Sam's just type the bar code in at msds.walmartstores.com
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Welcome to the smooth world of 10W-30.
grin2.gif

You too? Lol

I have had better luck with 10w30 too. I have even saw increased fuel mileage over 5w20, which I will be told is impossible. 10w30 is a good oil. When it got dropped from the owners manual it became a step child. I am sure there are people out there that believe 20w50 must be put in the engine with a spoon since there is no way a oil that thick could move on its own since 0w20 came on the scene.

That's an awesome deal there.. I like 10w30 in that it has better NOACK results too. Pennzoil Platinum its like 4.6. Havoline 10w30 its 9 compared to 5w30 its at 13. You are spot on in ambient temps. 10w30 is fine where you are at and where I'm at. Coldest its been here was -2°F in January 2014. This last winter it got down to 4°F. But even then the 10w30 would be all right. The Pennzoil Platinum 10w30 CCS at -25°c is 4100. Very decent for a 10w30.

This whole thread is screaming: Thin oil people, STAY OUT!
grin2.gif

LMAO
As far as I'm concerned, 10w30 IS thin oil !

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I have had better luck with 10w30 too. I have even saw increased fuel mileage over 5w20, which I will be told is impossible. 10w30 is a good oil. When it got dropped from the owners manual it became a step child. I am sure there are people out there that believe 20w50 must be put in the engine with a spoon since there is no way a oil that thick could move on its own since 0w20 came on the scene.

Lol, bring us your tired and weak and your step children, and we will make them strong with 10w30
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: chainblu
grin2.gif

LMAO

Haha 10W40 is my "thin" oil
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
grin2.gif

LMAO

laugh.gif

You use 15 or 20w50 in everything or something?

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
grin2.gif

LMAO

laugh.gif

You use 15 or 20w50 in everything or something?

10W40 per underhood sticker

So... Is there such thing as an engine with "clearances/tolerances too tight" to run heavier (10w30) oils?

Originally Posted By: Garak
ILSAC 10w-30 is a thin oil, though.

I know it is, but the 0W-20 people think it's like Casite motor honey.

Hey Garak, I think you'd be the perfect guy to answer Luisraul924's question.
grin2.gif

Hmmm... I guess in comparison to 10w60 or 5w50
smile.gif
It is in the middle of the road compared to 0w16 all the way too 10w60.

Well, I can't think of any engine with clearances too tight for a 10w-30. It might have pumping issues at the coldest temperatures imaginable (i.e. that's one major reason I avoid it). But, 0w-20 at -10 is going to be a lot thicker than 10w-30 at operating temperatures, and I don't see that causing engines to seize because of clearances issues.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back